Why GT7....

Canada
Canada
Why GT7 A 'FREE' update... What they going to micro charge us? Nothing really new again with bad cars and no tracks that ppl don't use and really missing some of the past cars we ppl want what do you think? Ppl want tracks like Searra and others, how disappointed we are Sony. The used lot never updated regularly. Where's lotus? An example. Sticker updates stuff we use. Idk what do you think?

Bad cars? Let's see. We have...
1) A 1965 F1 race winner that started Honda's long and storied history in F1
2) The third greatest car of the entire 20th century, which debuted in 1955 and is still more advanced in some ways than many cars today
3) The first ever Carrera RS

Taste is subjective ofc but this update seems pretty stacked for classics

Last edited:
Why GT7 A 'FREE' update... What they going to micro charge us? Nothing really new again with bad cars and no tracks that ppl don't use and really missing some of the past cars we ppl want what do you think? Ppl want tracks like Searra and others, how disappointed we are Sony. The used lot never updated regularly. Where's lotus? An example. Sticker updates stuff we use. Idk what do you think?
As I mentioned in another thread, the updates have always been free. They've always advertised the updates as "Free" going back to GT Sport (as seen here and here)

You are looking way too hard into this.

Why GT7? Because the last “full” title was GT6 and 7 is the next integer bigger than 6.

Why it’s a free update? You’ll have to ask Sony and/or PD about that. My guess is that they believe it’s better for business to release these updates for free than to charge money for them.

Free means there’s no charge, that includes microtransactions as well.

Whether a car or a track is good or bad is down to personal taste. Some people like them, some don’t. There’s no way around it and no cars and tracks that are universally liked by everyone.

The new Grand Valley Highway is arguable the closest thing to Sierra from GT6 that we’ve seen so far, in terms of the style of road.

Is that a royal “we”, your majesty, or do you represent a group of people?

Lotus is not in the game, likely for licensing reasons.

I think this update looks pretty awesome.

Well, you're more than free to spend money in buying credits. That way, the game is no longer free for you.

I have noticed Sony placing more emphasis on that any content update and next set of bug fixes are FREE ... it essentially is a little trick to cover themselves from backlash if/when the update causes disapointment or new set of bugs are discovered in the game.

I am not against DLC that you pay for, providing there is proper in-house quality control.

You can buy another copy for a friend if 1st copy you got for free 🙃

I have noticed Sony placing more emphasis on that any content update and next set of bug fixes are FREE ... it essentially is a little trick to cover themselves from backlash if/when the update causes disapointment or new set of bugs are discovered in the game.

I am not against DLC that you pay for, providing there is proper in-house quality control.
They've been placing the same amount of emphasis on the "free" nature of the updates since the beginning of GTSport, and possibly before then. Stop making **** up.

They've been placing the same amount of emphasis on the "free" nature of the updates since the beginning of GTSport, and possibly before then. Stop making **** up.
What is it with these PD/Sony huggers? ... try do a bit of research.

GT Sport never used UPPERCASE emphasis on the word FREE ever, I even have doubts Sony even used the term free when describing the GT Sport era updates.

The 1.29 update details while in-game started using the term FREE in upper case, and check the official playstation blog for 1.29, they again made a point about this being at no extra charge. Previous blog articles on 1.27, 1.26 and older did not make a big deal of it being free.

Is it just me, or have there been like 6 of these threads ever since the latest update?
Threads like this always pop up when the game updates, because nothing is every good enough for these people. We're probably experiencing more of it due to the fact that they had the pent up rage from the lack of January update.

GT Sport never used UPPERCASE emphasis on the word FREE ever, I even have doubts Sony even used the term free when describing the GT Sport era updates.

The 1.29 update details while in-game started using the term FREE in upper case, and check the official playstation blog for 1.29, they again made a point about this being at no extra charge. Previous blog articles on 1.27, 1.26 and older did not make a big deal of it being free.
On GranTurismoTV's YouTube Channel, right there in the title of the video, for the July 2018 GTS update:

Who cares about "uppercase" or not? You're drawing at straws here.

Again, please stop making things up.

What is it with these PD/Sony huggers?
Why do this?

Someone disagreeing with you on a factual basis is not doing so out of any particular bias towards or against anything, but because you are factually wrong.

And you are. Here is literally the same argument - about "FREE" being in caps in an update video - for GT Sport in January 2019:

try do a bit of research.

GT Sport never used UPPERCASE emphasis on the word FREE ever,
Self Burn GIF

once you’ve completed menu book 39, the UCD updates daily!
Seriously wondering if mine is broken, I get maybe 1 or 2 cars update in the whole group, been waiting what feels ages for a couple of cars to show up to complete extra Menu's, almost feels like the loaded dice we see in the Roulette Tickets :(

Maybe it was to remind some people to wind their entitled necks back in ?? IDK ?

The updates we should be entitled to see and expect to see are updates which fix broken gameplay, and they deserve all the critique they get for not delivering on that.

Moaning about what is included in extra FREE content tho ?? (sorry to trigger with the caps) - entitled whining sorry.

Some people are literally like this.......

Seriously wondering if mine is broken, I get maybe 1 or 2 cars update in the whole group, been waiting what feels ages for a couple of cars to show up to complete extra Menu's, almost feels like the loaded dice we see in the Roulette Tickets :(
The normal update cycle is 1-3 cars in the UCD per day. Occasionally you get weird cycles where you'll get 5 or 6 new cars, but the normal is like 1-3.

I guess I don’t really understand your post. I don’t get what’s wrong with free (FREE) stuff, even if you don’t personally like it. PD doesn’t exist to cater to your or anyone’s specific desires, except (probably) Kaz.
What’s wrong with free updates and content if it isn’t doing anything to worsen gameplay or render it unplayable? I have yet to see how this update broke anything in the game.

“Bad cars” to you, maybe, but to others they are “good cars”, it’s a personal preference. Either way, they are free (FREE) so why does it really matter since you aren’t forced to use them if you don’t want to and it’s not like they took away cars you like and use to add these ones in.
“No tracks that ppl don’t use” seems like a win/win to me. Do you want them to add tracks that people don’t use?
Yes, we are missing some of the old cars that people want, but we all know they aren’t going to add 50 cars in each update in the hopes they please everyone until the next. We’ve gotten some of those old cars we people want and I’m sure there are more to come. You can’t (or shouldn‘t) realistically expect them to include every manufacturer in the game. It’s not as easy as saying “I’m going to put these cars in the game” and then dropping them in without getting the necessary permission first or having the headcount there to work on so many cars at once.
Not sure what you mean by “The used lot never updated regularly” as it does update every single day.

That’s what I think, since you asked.

Why do this?

Someone disagreeing with you on a factual basis is not doing so out of any particular bias towards or against anything, but because you are factually wrong.

And you are. Here is literally the same argument - about "FREE" being in caps in an update video - for GT Sport in January 2019:

Self Burn GIF
The link to that GT Sport thread only shows me another one of your disgrunted forum posters (not PD or Sony) using the word FREE in uppercase.

What I was inferring is Sony/PD official wording in-game has now resorted to emphasising the term FREE in their latest update, and this approach is further supported in their latest blog. And I anticipate that they will continue with this flavour of communication with future game patches and content...

And well done for posting stupid gifs, just sums up the mentality of the members you protect on here.

Threads like this always pop up when the game updates, because nothing is every good enough for these people. We're probably experiencing more of it due to the fact that they had the pent up rage from the lack of January update.

On GranTurismoTV's YouTube Channel, right there in the title of the video, for the July 2018 GTS update:

Who cares about "uppercase" or not? You're drawing at straws here.

Again, please stop making things up.

I was not the one who created this thread about the use of the term FREE.

And questioning Sony's motives on capitalising official wording on game updates is not 'making things up' it is critical thinking

... I get why some of you members are fiercely loyal to Sony/PD, but a significant number of other GT gamers are not afraid to voice their observations.

Have you noticed the entire title wording is in uppercase? So the the word free is not emphasised in this context.

You really need to do better than that, and you just wasted your time googling these images only make yourself look silly.

Have you noticed the entire title wording is in uppercase? So the the word free is not emphasised in this context

Where have they started emphasising the word FREE in uppercase for GT7 updates?

As far as I can see, no emphasis on the word has changed since the early GTSport updates to update 1.29 in GT7.

And apparently now we're digging whether the official titles for the updates had the word free in uppercase or not?

Well, just throwing this out there, the game used to display the turbo aspiration in cars in full uppercase ("T"), and now it's "Turbo"...

Back