Why hate on B-Spec?

• Thread starter Starciller
  • 13 comments
United States
United States
Why does everyone say that polyphony shouldn't have made b-spec and that it was a waste of development? I personally think its a great addition because you can get a taste of the managing side of the race and its also an easy way to earn $.

Because it was a waste of development time that in the end accomplished nothing more than padding the game by forcing you to use it to 100% the game.

How much of the time that they spent setting up the structure for it in the game and creating events could have translated to more A-Spec events? What exactly is the game simulating by making you babysit the AI driver and remind him to keep driving fast every 15 seconds?

Don't forget they could have added/upgraded standards to premium cars in the same amount of space B-Spec takes up.

I will admit that having to spam the pace up button is a pain, maybe they should have included a slider that u set like conservative on one side and aggressive on the other. I actually don't think that b-spec will be in GT6 because they are focusing so much of their effort on tracks and car design.

Actually the only thing I use b-spec for is endurance races and those seasonal events, the seasonal b-spec is the easiest way to earn money cause you can watch tv while your guy is driving. I'm actually doing the 4 hours at nurburg just cause there's nothing else to do.

I am with you man ...I don't mind it either. Its an easy way to get credits while watching a movie or TV ...or while busy with just about anything else at home. I also do not mind the prize cars that B-Spec gets. While I do agree 100% that the time could have been better invested on other more desirable things, the fact is, it was not ...things are what they are and personally I have no problem with the way they are ...now that what's done is done. Life is too short ....

[Edit: If you use any of the Red Bull cars, the pacing up and down thing is irrelevant ...and, as a bonus, you do not even have to watch the resulting carnage. 👍]

Lol I don't use x1's for b-specs it just seems a bit noobish that's why I use my 908 matmut it keeps it a bit realistic, but when I do the 24 hrs at LM all of the cars seem to be equally as fast as me even though I use the high rpm turbo and since I refuse to use the x1 you have to have luck on your side.

Because it was a waste of development time that in the end accomplished nothing more than padding the game by forcing you to use it to 100% the game.

How much of the time that they spent setting up the structure for it in the game and creating events could have translated to more A-Spec events? What exactly is the game simulating by making you babysit the AI driver and remind him to keep driving fast every 15 seconds?

And this is why B-Spec sucks... 👎

In a past version of GT, weren't you able to speed up the B-spec? I seem to remember being able to do an endurance race in a fraction of the time. That would've been nice this time around, especially when you are dominating a race.

In a past version of GT, weren't you able to speed up the B-spec? I seem to remember being able to do an endurance race in a fraction of the time. That would've been nice this time around, especially when you are dominating a race.
Yeah, but of course, PD decided not to have that feature return to GT5.

close the thread, no need to read more. 👍

Back