Why have some of my cars down on power?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sdstig
  • 5 comments
  • 739 views
Messages
76
Messages
sdstig
It seems like the cars I buy, some of them, are tuned down from the power they actually have.



I bought my favorite car in the game: the Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV. I then did some of the events in it. It kind of annoyed me. There's the cars understeer (I know it has that) but it also seemed a bit slow in a straight line. I then looked in my garage and it said it had 640ish horsepower. I know for a fact it has 661hp. I then checked the Lamborghini dealer and it said it had 661hp. So I tuned it to 662hp (closest I could get).

Same story with the Dodge Challenger SRT8 I got as a prize. It went from 425hp to about 415hp.

Both of these are brand new too (haven't even used the Challenger yet). I also checked to see if they needed an engine overhaul for whatever reason, nope. So what's wrong?

Why have some of my cars down on power? Is this a glitch or something?
 
Try changing the oil?

I checked to see if they needed to be, they're fine. I don't know if the SV was already like that, so that might be it. But the Challenger has not been used yet at all.
 
Just change the oil as the very first thing when you get into your new whip. I don't know why but apparently PD have been doing this since the early GT games. Maybe they want to send a message to change oil more often in real life cars? I don't know. $250 for a decent 20-30 HP bump (usually back up to stock levels).
 
One figure may be PS and one BHP. They're only about 1.5% different so are often casually used interchangeably, when in reality they're not quite the same.
 
Try using an engine rebuild. See if that brings the power back up?
 
Back