Why Host Don't Use Heavy Damage?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MowTin
  • 22 comments
  • 1,502 views
Messages
666
People have been crying about damage forever but now that it's here most hosts either have no damage or light damage.

Light damage is a joke. It last a few seconds.

It's just annoying seeing people in front of you crash head on into a wall shake it off and get right back in the race losing very little time. It's just not realistic.
 
I think heavy damage is rarely used because no one wants to be taken out of the race by someone else's bad driving.
 
I totally agree light damage is a joke, unless the track does not have a pit road, otherwise I always have damage set to strong.
 
People have been crying about damage forever but now that it's here most hosts either have no damage or light damage.

Light damage is a joke. It last a few seconds.

It's just annoying seeing people in front of you crash head on into a wall shake it off and get right back in the race losing very little time. It's just not realistic.

People use light damage because if someone has a bad connection and lags all over the course, it can take you out.
 
I think heavy damage is rarely used because no one wants to be taken out of the race by someone else's bad driving.

But it encourages bad driving because there is little penalty for crashing into people. And if the races are short I don't see why people can't chill and wait for the next race.
 
Yeah, agreed. I love heavy damage, if you make a mistake or hit a wall, you should be punished for it. Even if someone else stuffs up and hits you, "That's racing".
 
Yeah, agreed. I love heavy damage, if you make a mistake or hit a wall, you should be punished for it. Even if someone else stuffs up and hits you, "That's racing".

👍👍
 
Mad94d are you a Marcos Ambrose fan?
 
Yeah, agreed. I love heavy damage, if you make a mistake or hit a wall, you should be punished for it. Even if someone else stuffs up and hits you, "That's racing".

I agree:tup:

Was running a race, actually a few, today with my buddies and I (somehow) made a couple mistakes at the le Sarthe and my tires were shot on the straight:dunce: I deserved it LOL
 
If i'm trying out new cars i tend to use light damage. Other reason is that my connection has been acting up lately...
 
Is use light most of the time because I do karting online most people want to race as close as possible without the threat of a 30 second pit stop.
 
Damage is always set to heavy in My Lounge, mind you I never go into the Open Lobbies cos of all the bad drivers & the friends on my list are all super clean & highly competent racers (all online Prologue veterans). We raced for 4 hours last night, 10 minutes qually & 2x 20 minute races per hour & NO ONE DAMAGED ANYONE ELSES CAR ALL NIGHT LONG! That's how good they are, if you race the right people with damage set to heavy it actually prevents incidents.


👍
 
But it encourages bad driving because there is little penalty for crashing into people. And if the races are short I don't see why people can't chill and wait for the next race.

That's what points are for. Assess penalty points for bad drivers.

Mind you, if you are just doing pick-up races without a league structure, then caveat emptor.
 
We used to use Heavy damage in our league lounges, but because of the lag that it produced we could no longer have it turned on. We had full rooms. And Lag bumps would destroy peoples car and ruin someone race. The caution would come out twice as much as a result.

I would love to keep it turned on, if only the lag it produces would go away.

Now for the positive things damage creates:

1. Honest Racing
2. Cleaner racing
3. Aggressive driving dissipates
4. Realism
 
^ sums it up. /thread.

8 players on track should be able to do heavy. 16? Lag wrecks cars.
 
Considering the lag I've experienced, I have to agree. When the car you're trying to pass is teleporting 20 feet one second and then skidding across the track at 500mph the next second heavy damage is not an option.
 
Heavy damage creates more lag?

I don't know if anyone is definitively saying yes, but there's enough of a correlation to warrant further experimentation.
 
Heavy damage creates more lag?
From all the testing I have done YES it creates more lag in FULL rooms I have tested It in private lounges and in open lobbies. It makes the cars move forwards and backwards 20 feet in each direction. Like chadwick had said its unfortunate because it would keep the racing honest. Now in rooms with less people say 12 or less I havent seen this problem
 
I don't use it in my races because of lag, plain and simple.
 
There was less lag in NASCAR 2 for PC by Papyrus on a 33.6 dialup modem! :)
 
I always have heavy damage on in my channel. It does keep the number of peolpe in my channel down. I may start backing off damage on nordschliefe races, though. I always feel bad when another racer wrecks his car early in the race and can hardly stay on the track after.
 
Back