Why I [censored] Hate this "Digital Revolution"...

  • Thread starter Thread starter V1P3R
  • 22 comments
  • 1,573 views

V1P3R

(Banned)
Messages
6,310
Yes, so it's Satellite, but I've been in STORMS and it was never this
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
bad and for as long as it's been doing this. Not to mention the
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
sounds it makes to go along with it...

dscn0433bo4.jpg


Also, not to mention ever since this "digital revolution" started every 5min. or so there's a short "pause" to the video feed while the sound keeps going and then the video catches up. WT
censored.gif
censored.gif
F... seriously.

I've noticed it on my friends Direct tv and my other friends Comcast too...
 
Well, Alfa Romeos are known to have transmission failures.

Try watching DirecTV in a Florida summer and then you'll see frustration.
 
My only issue with FiOS is that the free on-demand content gets stuttery. You need to play a minute or two, then pause it for several minutes, then resume play to let it buffer more fully.
 
I remember the first time I experienced digital TV. The reception was horrible and it kept breaking up, my grandpa (who's house we were at) just sat there like nothing was happening, I think he may have been afraid to admit it wasn't all that good. This was the early '00s though, so it has got better.
 
I haven't noticed anything getting better around here... only worse. I'm almost rethinking getting rid of my big ass old analog tv and getting the retarded converter box to ensure I can actually watch something on the tv. Good thing I have digital files around of what I want to watch though too.
 
So you hate the "digital Revolution" because of the problems you are having with your satallite? I have AT&T U-Verse and its working just fine for me. Kinda pointless and misleading thread title.
 
I'm wondering what your bill will be like AFTER the promotional time is over too... :rolleyes:
 
I'm wondering if you could have made this thread without the swearing. It's not adding anything to the thread.
 
Read a book.


/thread.
 
Free OTA HD and a Series 3 TiVo is awesome.
 
I'm wondering what your bill will be like AFTER the promotional time is over too... :rolleyes:

With AT&T there is no promotional time, the price you signed up for is the price that you continue to pay. I love our AT&T U-verse. We had one problem with it when we first got it, they were out the next day to fix it and comped us the time we were out on the bill. We have the U-verse 400 package and the elite internet package and it's still is quite a bit cheaper the Comcast.
 
I'm wondering if you could have made this thread without the swearing. It's not adding anything to the thread.

My thoughts exactly. I understand being mad or upset, but was it really necessary?


I'm wondering what your bill will be like AFTER the promotional time is over too... :rolleyes:

Nothing like yours.

With AT&T there is no promotional time, the price you signed up for is the price that you continue to pay. I love our AT&T U-verse. We had one problem with it when we first got it, they were out the next day to fix it and comped us the time we were out on the bill. We have the U-verse 400 package and the elite internet package and it's still is quite a bit cheaper the Comcast.

There's your answer.

Also, could this thread be closed since apparently its just posted out of someones frustraition (in childish manner) with thier own device?
 
With AT&T there is no promotional time, the price you signed up for is the price that you continue to pay. I love our AT&T U-verse.

Interesting. We were looking to change to it earlier this month, but with the relative uncertainty with my job (among other things), we decided against it. If its going to stay cheaper, it may not be a bad idea.

Only things I don't like?

1) You have to have a box on every TV. They charge you $5 a month for each of those boxes.

2) I lose Turner Classic Movies (I think?), but get BBC America instead. A rough trade if you ask me... But there is FUSE! Oh how I miss my FUSE...
 
I'm wondering if you could have made this thread without the swearing. It's not adding anything to the thread.
Isn't that kind of the point of the 🤬 smily?
 
This was the early '00s though, so it has got better.



Has it? Has it really?

No, no it hasn't, especially when we get cloud cover (foxtel) and storms, even mild ones.
 
I can answer your question right now, M5

it's DirecTV!

we had SO much trouble with direct phasing out on us like this, not to mention a perpetual case of anti-hacking scramble (direct was out first, and it only brought back bad memories of the 6 foot satellite dish era), we told em to bleep off. of course, we also live in an area where cable didn't show up till the late ninties, and you couldn't get a bleedin thing on an antenna 'cause there were too many hills in the way.
 
My only issue with FiOS is that the free on-demand content gets stuttery. You need to play a minute or two, then pause it for several minutes, then resume play to let it buffer more fully.

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for FIOS to come to our area. I've been wanting it for several years.

I cannot wait to get rid of DirecTV. For example, just 5 minutes ago, I wanted to resubscribe to ShowTime, but they wouldn't let me until I 'upgrade my current package.' My 'package' is big enough, thank you!

I'm going to email ShowTime and let them know what they're trying to do. I have a feeling they won't like it very much.
 
To be honest I'm not too into this digital conversion deal mainly because of my grandparents. Where they live, they can only get 4 channels on their antenna (CW, NBC, PBS, and a religous channel) and only 2 come in clear (CW and religous, with the other two coming in with static but still watchable).

Now they are too far from town to get cable, and satellite would be too expensive for them (not to mention my grandpa would never stop watching tv :p), so they have to use the converter box. Simple right? Well no because when Feb. 19 rolls around, CW will be off the air to "convert to digital", and the two staticy stations won't even show up because as with digital, it either comes in perfect or not at all. So all that's left is the lame religious channel, at least for the first few months.

Oh well...what can you do really?
 
In our house we have a cable connection which works flawlessly 99% of the time, it is brillint but the other TV's are through the ariel and the signal is only great on a great day, which being Manchester is rare. I wanted to watch the football up here last night but it was terrbile so I went downstairs to the cable TV which thank god wasn't in use and it was perfect. It's not the quality of the picture it's the quality of the signal that's the issue, if you can get a good signal you will get a good picture, the cable connection is always great because it doesn't get interupted and interferred with by the weather.
 
Well no because when Feb. 19 rolls around, CW will be off the air to "convert to digital", and the two staticy stations won't even show up because as with digital, it either comes in perfect or not at all. So all that's left is the lame religious channel, at least for the first few months.

Most of the stations have improved on my TV, but that's with an indoor antenna. The amplification really helps sometimes. We only lost 1 (major) channel, but it wasn't that good in analog anyway.
 
What kind of landscape do you have?

Here we have hills on either side of us and there's all kinds of other crap to get in the way. I'd imagine that makes a difference too... At least for people not in a desert area...
 
Back