- 1,632

- UK
- YT__TJCGAMING
As a long time veteran of the racing genre, and Gran Turismo itself, I was initially sceptical of the direction that GT was heading towards over the last 2 games in the series before it (GT5 and 6).
Recently I took the plunge and picked up GTS in the PS store sale as I was awaiting an opportunity to pick it up at a lower price after all the bad reviews I had seen.
And how glad I am that I did! It's been amazing so far and although it's lacking the content of previous GT's it still retains the core of what i'm looking for.
The online racing is fun and competitive, and I recommend wholeheartedly to any other salty vets who have been sceptical of its purchase to just take the plunge and enjoy!
GT1 taught me about cars. GTs 2 and 3 about even more wonders of the racing world. GT5 taught me how to be fast, even partaking in a racing season here on GTP some years ago.
GT6 was GT5 "Lite" but I still platinumed it, honed my skills and took part in GT Academy to hone my lap times more.
This brings me to today. I have responsibilities now and can't dedicate lots of time to racing. But when I can i'm glad to see I still have what it takes. I won my first GT Sport race last night, (my second attempt at that mode).
I qualified 3rd for the Gr.3 event on the speedway. Not bad for just using a DS4 and not having a wheel I thought. Just a tenth away from pole.
The 20 car race began with the usual casual activities behind of a couple spins and a car parking in the middle of the track...but i'm here to race and win....this never phases me.
The 2 Ferraris in front picked up penalties from over driving and colliding with the wall, so a brief battle with them and keeping consistent and out of trouble I picked up the lead.
Keeping a cool head and with my adrenaline going, i held off the competition for win number 1 of many... What an amazing feeling to win.. there are no words to describe that euphoria... oh my god!
And that brings me full circle to my title.
Thankyou GTP and its members for making this place what it is. This is the best racing community and it's why we are all here.
See you on track.

Recently I took the plunge and picked up GTS in the PS store sale as I was awaiting an opportunity to pick it up at a lower price after all the bad reviews I had seen.
And how glad I am that I did! It's been amazing so far and although it's lacking the content of previous GT's it still retains the core of what i'm looking for.
The online racing is fun and competitive, and I recommend wholeheartedly to any other salty vets who have been sceptical of its purchase to just take the plunge and enjoy!
GT1 taught me about cars. GTs 2 and 3 about even more wonders of the racing world. GT5 taught me how to be fast, even partaking in a racing season here on GTP some years ago.
GT6 was GT5 "Lite" but I still platinumed it, honed my skills and took part in GT Academy to hone my lap times more.
This brings me to today. I have responsibilities now and can't dedicate lots of time to racing. But when I can i'm glad to see I still have what it takes. I won my first GT Sport race last night, (my second attempt at that mode).
I qualified 3rd for the Gr.3 event on the speedway. Not bad for just using a DS4 and not having a wheel I thought. Just a tenth away from pole.
The 20 car race began with the usual casual activities behind of a couple spins and a car parking in the middle of the track...but i'm here to race and win....this never phases me.
The 2 Ferraris in front picked up penalties from over driving and colliding with the wall, so a brief battle with them and keeping consistent and out of trouble I picked up the lead.
Keeping a cool head and with my adrenaline going, i held off the competition for win number 1 of many... What an amazing feeling to win.. there are no words to describe that euphoria... oh my god!
And that brings me full circle to my title.
Thankyou GTP and its members for making this place what it is. This is the best racing community and it's why we are all here.
See you on track.
