Why is more than half the updates for GT 5 gone ?

South Africa
Cullinan, Gauteng
wikus_mazal
Hi guys , I have googled but couldn't find an answer.
I started up GT 5 on a new PS3 and found that it only downloaded and installed 10 updates.
GT 5 used to have something like 27 updates.

- Why only 10 now ? ( totalling less than 1 gig. I remember just the 2.0 update was bigger than that)
- If they removed all GT 5 stuff why wasn's all updates then removed ?
- How could one find info of what the remaining 10 updates are for and change in the game ?

I am bemused that only some updates were left and would like to get info on why this is.
Usually all games all updates are still left on PSN servers.

This is an original GT 5 disc ( black case ) , not an Academy edition disc. I know the academy have up to 2.07 on disc already , but it's not the case for this disc. It was bought new this week though , so were there other disc versions released that had a lot of updates already built-in that is also the original black case and not the white case of academy edition ?

If it's the XL edition or the Academy Edition, I believe it only has around 10 updates (IIRC, it came with the Spec 2.0 update)

If it's the XL edition or the Academy Edition, I believe it only has around 10 updates (IIRC, it came with the Spec 2.0 update)

Is definitely not the academy edition , that I am sure off. That one looks completely different with it's white case.
I strongly suspect it's the XL edition. I never even knew that one existed.

I think because there is no online service anymore and servers are shutdown so those updates are unnecessary for the game. I hate them so much for doing that of shutting down the game.

Game servers and game update servers are not the same thing.

um some updates were made to fix some bugs on the online sections (servers) because there is no servers up and running. There is no need for those updates. Why would you need those updates if the games online is shut down.

um some updates were made to fix some bugs on the online sections (servers) because there is no servers up and running. There is no need for those updates. Why would you need those updates if the games online is shut down.

Your thinking of GT6, this is 5. GT5 if I remember correctly didn't have any in-game updater for new content and fixes, we call them Ninja Updates.

Back