Why is my Car so tight now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ritterkreuz
  • 17 comments
  • 1,079 views
Messages
252
United States
Upstate New Yor
Messages
Das_Ritterkreuz
So I was doing the NASCAR Daytona race with the same setip I always use, the one recommended by so many here on this forum. It's always worked fine, but now suddenly the car is way too tight in the turns. I've made no changes, but every time I go in to the turns the car just climbs the banking until I'm scraping the wall. Did the patch affect something? Any suggestions?
 
How many kilometers have you driven with it?
 
Don't know off the top of my head, but I rebuilt the engine and the Frame, still has the same problem. I was using my JoeyJoey Logano Bonus car, I even switched to a different car with almost no miles on it and had the same problem.
 
Have you used the car in a race which requires Sports tyres then gone into a race which allows Race tyres ? The sports tyres will still be fitted check pre race which tyres are fitted , it is the same for your Bob check the car pre race for tyre spec ?
 
Checked the tire thing already, that's not the issue.
 
Raise the trackbar 1/2 round ;)

You checked your assists, I assume?
 
So I was doing the NASCAR Daytona race with the same setip I always use, the one recommended by so many here on this forum. It's always worked fine, but now suddenly the car is way too tight in the turns. I've made no changes, but every time I go in to the turns the car just climbs the banking until I'm scraping the wall. Did the patch affect something? Any suggestions?

There has been some talk of people finding cars behaving differently since the update, aswell as changes to lap times.

I can't remember what thread I saw this on though, but it's been mentioned.

If you have exactly the same setup and tyres as before, you have rebuilt the chassis and checked to ensure no driving aids have been accidentally affected (in optons) then it does seem strange.
 
Oh yeah, I double checked the driving aids, everything is the same.
 
I have not noticed any issues with my Nascar there. I can fly around the track and stay on the bottom the whole way if I wish.
 
Double check the camber setting, sounds plausable to me.
 
Camber is on the default, always has been.
 
Check the ride height... when I lowered mine Bob had terrible problems at HSR on the banking.

Restored ride height to default and all was fine.
 
I've always run it as low as possible, but I'll try that, I'm game for anything at this point.
 
If you run your ride hight low you will have some issues. Even at the default settings on Daytona you will be throwing sparks in the corners better to raise it a bit above the default setting. About 3 up will do better.
 
Seems GT5 cars don't like to be run fully low... in previous GT games fully lowered worked almost all the time, but it's not the same in GT5.
 
Can you change the Aero? Add more to the front and loosen up the spoiler a bit?
 
My NASCAR is being a little wonky too....
 
Sprint Cup car you mean. NASCAR is a sanctioning body and not a type of vehicle. I realize I'm being a grammar Nazi on that one, sorry, but that's always bothered me when people say it for some odd reason.

Any ways, I run a lot of my cars fully lowered and never have issues.
 
Back