Why is PD censoring me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cygnus-X1
  • 3 comments
  • 763 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
6
Messages
Cygnus-X1
Apparently, the word "engines" is deemed too offensive to appear in my Welcome message (under the "My Home" settings).

The legendary phrase used to start the Indy 500...

"Gentlemen, start your engines!"

becomes...

"Gentlemen, start your *****es!"

after Kaz and co. have messed with it :crazy:

So in which language is "engin" so offensive I cannot use the letter sequence even as part of another word in another language?

And what does it mean? If I'm swearing I want to do so with maximum impact! :sly:
 
There's a thread with all the censored words. If you search "censored" you'll most likely find it. But engine in particular is censored due to racial slurs against native americans.
 
Engine is censored because it has "GIN" in it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back