Why is the SpecII update so big?

• Thread starter jweaver
  • 6 comments
Something has been bothering me.. Anyone know why the SpecII update is so big.

For the JPN release, I could understand it (assuming they were upgrading that version to include the new features, car and track).. But why is the Euro release got such a big update.

Its 1/4 the size of the WHOLE download and looking at Amars update, whilst there are lots of changes, it doesn't seem like 400Megs worth.

Have I mistunderstood.. Is the SpecII update really 400M? If so, anyone know why??

Jon

No idea. However judging by the fact that the old replays dont work anymore they have made major changes to the engine. 400megs though... Who knows where that went.

My number comes from a person who already has the download version (press), and he compared the installation size before and after the update.

Now...one way to explain the difference is that perhaps the game does in fact download 400MB, but about half is used to exchange old files with new ones ?
So 400MB download, but only 204MB new data ?

Or Amar was wrong.

Or there is a difference between the disc and download version. Or the press and retail game.

We'll see...

I suspect it will replace a large number of files which are already on the PS3, so that's why it only appear 200mg larger since the update was installed.

Back