Why is there a 30 track download limit?

• Thread starter Grippy
  • 11 comments

Grippy

(Banned)
Australia
Australia
This Thread proves that there should be no reason to limit the tracks on the system.

If the track itself is being stored in the Replay file, and we can have unlimited replay files(They're not big in size either, merely a few megabytes IIRC) why can't we have unlimited tracks? Better yet why can't we play a track directly from a replay file, offline? Why do we have to be online to race a downloaded track? Something Rfactor has had for a while..

Sorry for the rant, I just see things like this, and it bothers me and I wonder why they didn't give us more freedom when it's such an easy thing to do and adds more value to the game.

So many tracks made by the community and yet I can't play majority of them without deleting the existing ones on my system, the process is cumbersome at best. Which track to delete? Oh I don't know they're all fantastic!

Last edited:
Yes, the need to complete a full test run of the track, while a good idea for new tracks & revisions, means that using the track importer for the swapping is not very user-friendly.

This Thread proves that there should be no reason to limit the tracks on the system.

If the track itself is being stored in the Replay file, and we can have unlimited replay files(They're not big in size either, merely a few megabytes IIRC) why can't we have unlimited tracks? Better yet why can't we play a track directly from a replay file, offline? Why do we have to be online to race a downloaded track? Something Rfactor has had for a while..

Sorry for the rant, I just see things like this, and it bothers me and I wonder why they didn't give us more freedom when it's such an easy thing to do and adds more value to the game.

So many tracks made by the community and yet I can't play majority of them without deleting the existing ones on my system, the process is cumbersome at best. Which track to delete? Oh I don't know they're all fantastic!

The track files are actually much smaller than that. The biggest track file I've got is 25 kilobytes and the smallest is 2. It's like a medium sized plain text document (600 lines is about 24 kb).

The limit has probably got to do with the fact that the tracks are stored online (so they are not actually downloaded until you play them). And having an online storage limit is fine, but it would have been nice if they made it so that you could save tracks on your console without limits, and only limited the number of tracks that you share with others, similar to how the photo sharing and favourite cars feature works.

I think its a good thing, sorry guys. If your were to race ever track you have once a day, it well take you 30 days, right. Plus you might make 30 track, but how often do you race them. So a limit, not that bad. Plus you can make as many account as you like.

I think its a good thing, sorry guys. If your were to race ever track you have once a day, it well take you 30 days, right. Plus you might make 30 track, but how often do you race them. So a limit, not that bad. Plus you can make as many account as you like.

Your lack of understanding on the topic, baffles me.

Firstly, GT has always been a car collecting game.
Secondly I could take your logic of "If your were to race ever track you have once a day, it well take you 30 days, right. Plus you might make 30 track, but how often do you race them. "

1. And ask you this: How many cars do you have in your GT garage?
2. Would you like the next GT Game to be shipped with only 30 cars and no more? Zero DLC? Seemingly 30 is enough for you. It's probably not for the rest of GT crowd.

Point is, everyone has their own reasons as to why the limit should be removed. One person, for example, makes tracks and needs to test them. Their track list fills up quick with every milestone and they're forced to delete old versions that they still want to keep, for reference and future review, and their other creations, the creations they worked day and night on, they want to keep that but they can't, the have to delete it all just to just try something new or even just to try someone else's creations for just a few minutes. It's not a good system for many track makers at all. It's actually really heartbreaking and tedious.

"I think it's a good thing". How exactly is the 30 track limit a good thing? What purpose does it serve and to whom? Your logic defies all belief, what is your explanation?

Thirdly, "Plus you can make as many account as you like." Is honestly, no disrespect, the dumbest and most cumbersome & tedious solution I've ever heard to this problem. We literally do it because there is no other way. Do we want to keep doing this? God no. Noone does.

Add to that "making another account" requires you to fetch all your details upon signing up to the needlessly complex PSN network (another hour wasted) then once that's all sorted and you've come up with a new password, start the game from scratch. Would you like to delete your save and start over? All configuration settings need to be redone and you'll need to yet again grind and grind and grind to get enough credits and finally buy the cars you want again, then you'll need to tune them again. All this will take a considerable amount of time, time that is completely wasted because of the fact that we have to do this ridiculous workaround. Why put yourself through hours upon hours of frustration just to do something that should take under a minute?

I don't think you've thought this through. But I'm keen for an explanation on your part, to win me over and clear up the hot air in here.

Last edited:
Very true. I was only saying it helps cut down on having to many tracks.( 56 tracks to date and still making them) I to would like to see No Limits

Classic case of open mouth insert foot Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know! I was a bit perplexed by the reasoning ahahaha, but it's just a simple mistake, lack of thought, everyone does it time to time, I can let it slide no problem. :cheers:

I got a workaround that's really not too irritating. I have my original account and 30 tracks on my kindle. I was able to get the TPE working on my laptop via bluesatcks with my alternate account. So now I can create and save another 30 tracks without the need to delete anything.

For some strange reason, when I tried to change accounts on the kindle, my GT6 community page got all weird and gave me trouble logging in for a couple days.

Back