Why is this course so ruddy hard?

66'Roadster

(Banned)
Finally managed to get A level on Circuit de la Comnunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tomaro (what a mouthful!) , took me ages to get first on Pro Driving Physics. No matter what car I chucked down it I failed to win, but finally nailed it with a Peugeot 206 RC 03. Put S3 tyres on front, S2 rear, TCS 1, no other aids, and set front suspension lower than the rear (-6 and-2), also negative toe front, + front and. 2 camber angle on both. This course is in GT5 (resembles a baby lying on its back to me!) but I dont remember it being that tough!

I think I tried this course in the MB 300 SL once. I gave up before finishing the race. I think the Audi S4 does pretty good here, but its a bit heavy. Can't remember what car I used to get it to S-class.

Are you sure that track is in GT5? It wasn't listed when the game was released (but maybe they added it or something). I know it was in Tourist Trophy and GT PSP, but that's all I was aware of...

Mate, this track isn't in GT5! But i don't like it too, its not a nice track in my oppinion!

It is indeed but must be under a different name, i know cos my daughter spotted it while i had the ps3 on and commented how it looked like a baby on its back!

No it's definatley not in GT5. it's a real track so it wouldnt be under a different name. I've raced every circuit multiple times so I know.

No it's definatley not in GT5. it's a real track so it wouldnt be under a different name. I've raced every circuit multiple times so I know.
Ah it must have been in a different game, possibly one called V8 Superstars that we rented (sub GT graphics, some same tracks)

Just managed,after a few goes, to win in a Toyota Celica GT FOUR RC '91. S3/S2 tyres,2'15.297,, with a Nissan 180SX Type X '96 breathing down my neck! God knows what I have to do to reach S level on it!

Finally managed to get A level on Circuit de la Comnunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tomaro (what a mouthful!) , took me ages to get first on Pro Driving Physics. No matter what car I chucked down it I failed to win, but finally nailed it with a Peugeot 206 RC 03. Put S3 tyres on front, S2 rear, TCS 1, no other aids, and set front suspension lower than the rear (-6 and-2), also negative toe front, + front and. 2 camber angle on both. This course is in GT5 (resembles a baby lying on its back to me!) but I dont remember it being that tough!

The track sort of resembles an old shoe to me

The track sort of resembles an old shoe to me
circuito-valencia.jpg

OldShoe.JPG

:lol:

Somebody figured out the exact combination of wins/2nds/3rds needed to advance to from a given level to the next. Basically it was something like 1 win to go from D to C, then 1 win and at least 1 2nd to go from C to B. You could search this forum if you really need to know. I just kept racing, getting to know the vehicle and the track better and started to win. Then the AI would get better as I leveled the track up, but it wasn't too hard to keep advancing faster than the AI would improve. Some tracks took a lot of attempts, but thinking back, it was mostly fun.

Got first again today in an Impreza WRX, but what do i have to do to get S level??

If I remembered it correctly:
1 win (D-rank) = unlocks C-rank
1 win (C-rank) = unlocks B-rank
2 wins (B-rank) = unlocks A-rank
3 wins (A-rank) = unlocks S-rank

or

2-2nd place finish = 1 win
3-3rd place finish = 1 win

4th place finish = 0 win

sample computation from A-rank to S-rank
3 wins
2 wins plus 2-2nd place finish
1 win + 3-3rd place finish + 2-2nd place finish
9-3rd place finish

Some benefits of unlocking S-rank AI driver level:
1.makes you a better driver as S-rank AIs cant be really left behind. Pushes you to your limits.
2.during Adhoc Multiplayer Race , you can switch your car to AI-auto pilot. The higher your rank at that particular track makes your AI better driving during Adhoc auto-pilot. Raising money using this type of technique is fast. Just ask a friend to race with you. Or your buddy's AI vs your AI.

Last edited:
If I remembered it correctly:
1 win (D-rank) = unlocks C-rank
1 win (C-rank) = unlocks B-rank
2 wins (B-rank) = unlocks A-rank
3 wins (A-rank) = unlocks S-rank

or

2-2nd place finish = 1 win
3-3rd place finish = 1 win

4th place finish = 0 win

sample computation from A-rank to S-rank
3 wins
2 wins plus 2-2nd place finish
1 win + 3-3rd place finish + 2-2nd place finish
9-3rd place finish

Some benefits of unlocking S-rank AI driver level:
1.makes you a better driver as S-rank AIs cant be really left behind. Pushes you to your limits.
2.during Adhoc Multiplayer Race , you can switch your car to AI-auto pilot. The higher your rank at that particular track makes your AI better driving during Adhoc auto-pilot. Raising money using this type of technique is fast. Just ask a friend to race with you. Or your buddy's AI vs your AI.
Ah cheers for that, good to know, tho my psp isnt online yet.

Back