Why Jensen-Healey suisse if JH is british?

Tahiti
Tahiti
I was going through the British Showroom and one detail caught my attention: the Jensen Healey logo does not seem like the one the car company has used, and is followed by the word Suisse (swiss in french, implying its from Switzerland).

Does anyone know where PD came up with this logo and the story behind this?

Thank you

I didn't realise there was a Jensen-Healey in the game. There's a Jensen Interceptor, but the Jensen-Healey is very different.

Do you have a screen grab of the logo?

You can't see much but I have never seen this logi. As far as I know they have always used all-caps and the Swiss part stikes me as odd

Attachments

• IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 106
How strange. The only Jensen in the game has been the Interceptor - but that was made by Jenson Motors.

Jensen-Healey was a model of car built as a collaboration between Jensen and Donald Healey, who had been brought in to run the company. As far as i can tell, the company who made the Interceptor was never called Jensen-Healey.

The in-game description doesn't give such information either:

"The origins of the Jensen company start with the coachbuilding company established by the Jensen brothers, Alan and Richard, in the 1930's. They initially produced saloons but after the end of World War II grew into a manufacturer that created custom high performance GT's. Although Jensen has produced the Interceptor and the FF, which was the world's first mass-producted four wheel drive sports car, the company was unable to survive the shock of the world oil crisis and disappeared in 1976."

It does say suisse under the name but I have no idea why.

DSC_1494.JPG

As @TheCracker says the Jensen-Healey was a model of car, and not in GT4 and neither it nor the Interceptor have any relation to Switzerland.

Another confusing GT anomaly @Famine

Well, here's a comparison:
Real logo:
jensen-h_300_pixels.png

GT logo:
192px-GT6_tuner_jensen.png

Does this figure out why PD used this logo?

Last edited:
There was confusion and conflict at the time about who owned the trademarks for the original UK Jenson cars.
The company went out of business in 1976. Oil crisis probably but am not sure.

Healey Sports cars Switzerland and Jenson Cars (2014) UK based we’re both claiming ownership of the original trademarks.
PD probably acquired a license to feature the iconic car from Healey Sports Cars Switzerland who had claimed ownership of the trademarks at the time.
http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/2014/01/healey-jensen-dispute-carr-drives-on.html?m=1

Thank you. Nice find! I googled this but it was really hard to find anything probably because of the age of those cars and the fact the enthusiast base for them is probably small. Thanks again.

Latest Posts

Back