why must i unlock online mode?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 24 comments
I think it's pretty dumb to have online mode locked. Why did they do this? Is there a quicker way to access online without having to do the license tests and finish the novice cups, etc?

I really bought the game just to play online and now I found out that it's locked.

...So that you know how to smash through people before you proceed to attempt to do so.

The career mode will help you to get a good feeling for the physics system. Even if you move on immediately to online racing only, online racing is much more difficult than racing against the stupidly slow AI - it's an easy transition. It's done that way so that you don't entirely embarrass yourself by missing your braking point... And ruining online races for other drivers.

But, if you insist on saying that it's "dumb" that you should have to unlock the online mode (which it takes about 30-45 minutes to unlock) in order to afford cars to use online, then... Well, I can't help you.

A-license I think.
The tests are pretty easy so it should not be a problem.

If you have a problem getting bronze, then you should ask yourself the qeuestion if you should play online anyway :P

I think they changed it to B license in 1.02,

You need national a license tests completed just to play online?:confused:

Anyway i have already completed most international A Events (2-3 Left only).:)

I think it's because many people here on GT Planet suggested that we should have to do a license test to be able to get online, to weed out the bad drivers. However, I think PD only half listened to them & didn't get the main point, which is; the license tests should teach us to be clean drivers, not just be load of pointless time trials. On the bright side, at least it means that people online have some level of driving experience, & they're not total newbies.

Are you seriously complaining that you're having to play more of the game, really? You'll need to do career anyway to earn enough money to start a collection going. To be honest, how it sounds now, I don't think GT6 is the game for you. :')

I think it's pretty dumb to have online mode locked. Why did they do this? Is there a quicker way to access online without having to do the license tests and finish the novice cups, etc?

I really bought the game just to play online and now I found out that it's locked.
I understand you want to play online right away but what good is that if you can't drive in gt6? You also need cars.

I think it's great. I've played other games where half the people online were 14 year old's who just wanted to ram everybody else off the track. I bet a lot of them lack the skill or patience to pass any license tests.

Not unless you could add rules to it.
Like all gold or under this time.

It wont get rid of all idiots, but would weed out the younger ones.

It's to make sure people who are online actually have some driving potential. If you still get some stupid idiots online then it's because they often are deliberately choosing to do so, not because they are new to the racing genre or racing in general.

I would like this too.

If you want only good clean players set it to IA or S.

To be fair my driving isn't great never did well on GT5 online but so far I have gold on all tests up to IA. But I do have enough sense to realize I shouldn't really go online tho lol :lol:

SRF forced on and the stupidly low requirements for completion ensures that any "noob" or "troll" can get online just as quickly as a D1 Gold driver.
Also, holding all gold licenses is not in any way a sign of talent in this game, for the same reasons.

How are you going to play online without any cars?

Well at least having the option to only race fellow S licence holders then.
League races - the world of S class licenses and those who are faster than S class licenses. I have mine - I've almost got my GT6 platinum.

GT6 is the easiest Gran Turismo ever. If people can't get the platinum... Wow.

While requiring a license would help weed out some people who can't drive for squat it still does not filter out those who drive dirty. In some cases it could even attract some of the more aggressive drivers I would think. I race with a few guys online and one of the better ones is pretty aggressive always wanting to win and doesn't mind bumping someone off the road to do so.

I am more the have fun type. I like to win of course and I drive hard but I also do my best to stay clean. I would rather loose a close race where I drove clean than win where I drove dirty. That said if someone gets aggressive with me I have no problems returning the favor.

I think it is good that they require a little track experience and passing a few tests before going online even though it is very easy to get bronze on those tests it should help a little in filtering out the really bad drivers.

We need to be able to set multiple restrictions on cars online. It seems that right now there are only options to choose one type of restriction where what we really need is to be able to choose several at once.

I am not sure if there is an option to not allow use of the power limiter online but there should be as dropping the Power on cars this way can be quite an advantage over cars which are at 100% but have the same PP

Back