Why no one is talking about how ridiculously expensive the Jaguar XJ13 is?

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 408 comments
I have both of them and play both of them and they're entirely different games that are focused on different aspects of car culture.

Like I said, the ONLY thing they share is that cars are the focal point. Everything else about both games is so wildly different that they shouldn't be compared.
I am not sure, for car lovers you have Horizon. It was place where GT was the king. It's not anymore.

They are almost the same to me. But if we don't care about it, Scaff was right, same economy and progression. What about AH? You can buy almost any car there for fraction of the price. It's much better balanced but I would rather have everything open since start.

They never did, yes... But Alan Hartman was gonna add them to the game and the only reason he was not able to was because the VIP bonus was a pathetic, 5-time limited use card, and the community forced T10 not to.
You have posted twice now on topics related to this issue that Alan Hartman was going to put back loot boxes and micro-transactions in Forza Motorsport 7, but didn't because of fan backlash, and have not provided evidence to confirm it. Provide proof, otherwise this is simply fiction, which considering you and your continued insistence on 'Forza bad' (seriously, I know your game, or shall we bring up the posts about you calling FH4 a conspiracy to push Game Pass numbers?) I wouldn't be surprised if you don't.

Besides, the entire point of it all that Scaff correctly pointed out is that T10 listened to fan backlash, and have not gone back to it, contrary to whatever horse**** you spout out about T10 wanting to. What has Polyphony done except lie to fans about adding them in only to do so when most outlets people stopped caring about GT Sport, and basing the game's economy entirely around them and grinding as a two pronged approach in GT7?

Crickets, as usual coming from you.

I don't know if this is true, but reportedly the lootbox code was so entrenched within FM7 that it took months for Esaki and co. to remove it. There was a very clear intention to monetize this stuff, but the backlash stopped them cold.
Post. Proof.

I don't feel any pressure to buy MTX in GT7 either, especially when credit income is similar to Sport. I used Blue Moon Bay there, I use Fisherman's now.
Too bad that others do, especially when, as has already been established, you can't even eliminate the micro-transactions from showing up as a top up any time you spend said credits. At least Forza let you do that when they had Car Tokens! And as we have established, time and time again, your beliefs on the system, and your beliefs that you don't feel any pressure to buy MTX's ultimately is immaterial to the fact that it is scummy that a AAA, full price game from a Sony subsidiary is built like a freemium game. And in a game where so many of their stated, before release, ideals run anti-thetical to the true reality of the game.

Honestly, I used to enjoy FM7, but anyone who thinks that cluster**** of a game deserves any praise for doing anything right really needs a reality check. FM7 could have killed Gran Turismo dead, instead it almost killed Forza Motorsport itself.
Your personal feelings about the Forza series mean jack **** to the topic at hand, which is that T10 listened to fan backlash and took out micro-transactions and loot boxes, contrary to your (still unproven!) claims to the contrary. In comparison to GT and Polyphony, who have continued to push the envelope, and done so in a way that basically guarantees that the only people who care are fans, and not the reviewers, this site included, would ultimately make a point to bring up, as IGN did in their amended review.

But Forza bad. It's always been Forza bad for you, and even in the face of GT doing so much worse, and deserving the criticism, it's always spun back around to Forza being the devil for you. Grow up.

it is scummy that a AAA, full price game from a Sony subsidiary is built like a freemium game
It's actually much worse, IMO, if you compare to Rocket League, for example. The prices of cars in GT7 in real world money make Rocket League items look cheap by comparison, and Rocket League is free for the base game and the items you can buy are purely cosmetic and don't affect competitive play, unlike GT7.

It's actually much worse, IMO, if you compare to Rocket League, for example. The prices of cars in GT7 in real world money make Rocket League items look cheap by comparison, and Rocket League is free for the base game and the items you can buy are purely cosmetic and don't affect competitive play, unlike GT7.
I certainly think GT is probably worse then even COD by this point, because at least IW/Treyarch/Sledgehammer/Raven put weapons and the like at the beginning of the Battle Pass and free for all, and 95% of the stuff to buy micro-transactions with are cosmetic and ultimately mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Are micro-transactions bad? Yeah, absolutely. But most games have realized (correctly) that you can mitigate them by making them really only available for cosmetics, which is something most people can take or leave, or buy when it suits them. Few developers are building their entire game experiences around MTX's wholly.

Guess this is the monkey's paw curling on Polyphony being a developer stuck five years in the past relative to the rest of the industry.

Laughs in Speed 12 worth 500 000 credits in under 5 minutes :)

1647356023784.png

12 million. This is roughly 7 hours of grind of Fishermans Ranch Dirt Champions. And after we seen this, Ferrari 330p4, Porsche 917k, Shelby Daytona, Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar D-Type and Mercedes S barker Tourer will probably end up costing like this.

And no I dont want everything in 1 week either.
A bargain compared to GTS price...... 😂🤣

Last edited:
The biggest problem with GT7 isn't the price of a select few cars.

It's the random elements introduced with the new wheel of miss fortune and the wild nature of racing tuned cars against other players.

Laughs in Speed 12 worth 500 000 credits in under 5 minutes :)

View attachment 1124526
If you want to talk about older games, you might as well bring up the fact that GTPSP also have a form of FOMO where you only have two in-game days to buy cars from the currently active dealerships (every car/track/mode combo change and IIRC mission changes count as day change).

Granted there was no way you could deposit real money into it, but still.

Ahh didnt play GT5P for over a decade. :)

But i remember that GT5 and GT6 had some online special events (not PvP but PvAI) which were changed fortnightly or so and with a full sign-in bonus you could get literally millions per race (but only once per race? )
Maybe they will (re)introduce them in GT7 if enough backlash is listened.

Even GT5 didnt have them from the start AFAIK?

Last edited:
Ahh didnt play GT5P for over a decade. :)

But i remember that GT5 and GT6 had some online special events (not PvP but PvAI) which were changed fortnightly or so and with a full sign-in bonus you could get literally millions per race (but only once per race? )
Maybe they will (re)introduce them in GT7 if enough backlash is listened.

Even GT5 didnt have them from the start AFAIK?
The expectation with seasonal events being mentioned seems to be these things, but I expect mostly time trials since it's the seasonal event type GTS brought back.

If you want to talk about older games, you might as well bring up the fact that GTPSP also have a form of FOMO where you only have two in-game days to buy cars from the currently active dealerships (every car/track/mode combo change and IIRC mission changes count as day change).

Granted there was no way you could deposit real money into it, but still

FOMO exists in all aspects of life and pretty unavoidable, it's how people/companies capitilize on it that's the problem. GT PSP didn't do anything, people just had to miss out. GT7 induces FOMO with it's specific mechanics intended to do that, then capitalises on it with the MTs.

The XJ13 is one of the few cars that has, at least what I saw, self mirroring of driver and interior of the car... which looks cool, but is refreshed at 30Hz and reflections are refreshed at 20Hz or maybe even 15Hz in mirror as far as I can see...

Last edited:
The XJ13 is one of the few cars that has, at least what I saw, self mirroring of driver and interior of the car... which looks cool, but is refreshed at 30Hz and reflections are refreshed at 20Hz or maybe even 15Hz in mirror as far as I can see...

You actually got it.. Congratz!

At least user reviews feel right:

Last edited:
Gods sake answer after reading the early posts. Im not going to explain again.
I did read your OP:
12 million. This is roughly 7 hours of grind of Fishermans Ranch Dirt Champions. And after we seen this, Ferrari 330p4, Porsche 917k, Shelby Daytona, Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar D-Type and Mercedes S barker Tourer will probably end up costing like this.

In GTS the Jag is 20 million.
The fastest way to earn money was at BMB (actually LaSarthe was quicker but for that race the average person need a 20 million car to guarantee a win, so not an early option).

At BMB in an N400 car and with a clean race you'd get Cr. 345,000.
At 15 laps, the race would take around 12 minutes to complete. So that's 345k every 12 minutes.
To reach 20 million you'd need to win 58 times. At 12 minutes a race, that's 696 minutes or 11.6 hours.
That could be improved slightly by going to N300 X-Bow, if you can drive it.

So 12 million in 7 hours for the same car still seems like a bargain to me! 😂
Except it's at Fisherman's Ranch in a rally car which I truly cannot stand!!

If my maths is off, apologies - it's early morning here. ☕☕☕

Last edited:
So, since the XJ13 has been used as a reference point for GT7s economy now, I just want to mention that, after todays update, it would now take 14 hours of grinding Fisherman's Ranch to earn enough cash for it, assuming that you're starting at zero (or close to it, given that there's no mention of car prices or upgrades getting adjustments to their cost), and the price for the XJ13 won't be changed. It's worth noting that even after adjustments, Fisherman's Ranch is still the best place to grind money in terms of credit earn/hour, so it's 14 hours as a best-case scenario. For a single car.

The time it would take to grind for the XJ13 has literally doubled, and there are cars that are much more expensive than it in the game. Or, you can circumvent that by buying credits with real money. Is it becoming clear for the defenders of these systems that there's a problem yet?

Last edited:
So, since the XJ13 has been used as a reference point for GT7s economy now, I just want to mention that, after todays update, it would now take 14 hours of grinding Fisherman's Ranch to earn enough cash for it, assuming that you're starting at zero (or close to it, given that there's no mention of car prices or upgrades getting adjustments to their cost), and the price for the XJ13 won't be changed. It's worth noting that even after adjustments, Fisherman's Ranch is still the best place to grind money in terms of credit earn/hour, so it's 14 hours as a best-case scenario. For a single car.

The time it would take to grind for the XJ13 has literally doubled, and there are cars that are much more expensive than it in the game. Or, you can circumvent that by buying credits with real money. Is it becoming clear for the defenders of these systems that there's a problem yet?
or, you could simply give PD/Sony 120$... easier rofl

Last edited:
I did read your OP:

In GTS the Jag is 20 million.
The fastest way to earn money was at BMB (actually LaSarthe was quicker but for that race the average person need a 20 million car to guarantee a win, so not an early option).

At BMB in an N400 car and with a clean race you'd get Cr. 345,000.
At 15 laps, the race would take around 12 minutes to complete. So that's 345k every 12 minutes.
To reach 20 million you'd need to win 58 times. At 12 minutes a race, that's 696 minutes or 11.6 hours.
That could be improved slightly by going to N300 X-Bow, if you can drive it.

So 12 million in 7 hours for the same car still seems like a bargain to me! 😂
Except it's at Fisherman's Ranch in a rally car which I truly cannot stand!!

If my maths is off, apologies - it's early morning here. ☕☕☕
Yeah your math is off because you didnt counted for Upgrades in gt7 which costs fortune and gt sport had afk money making methods. Also in Gt sport car was always available so you can take your time. Besides now fishermans is nerfed.

Last edited:
Back