Why No Tunes for Ferrari 599?

• Thread starter LinPark
  • 4 comments

LinPark

Premium
United States
Delaware, OH
GTP_LinPark
Given the current online event, I would think this car would dominate unless any car biases have been introduced with Spec III. :nervous: I can find plenty of F430 tunes but not a single one for the 599. I am horrible at tuning but would be glad to give it a review if someone would post it up.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing. I asked DC to make one, but in the mean time, I took TLD's tune of a 599 and adjusted it very little (just tires, power, weight, and brake balance). It can be a bit of a handful at times, but it's still pretty quick.

Performance:

Power: -20
Weight: 94%
Tyres: R1

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-18
Spring Rate: 8/5
Damper: 7/3
Toe: -0.14/+0.10
Camber: 1.5/1.0

Brake Balance: 4/7

Max Turn Angle: 40

All driving aids are up to the driver, tuned with all aids off except ABS at 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.762
2nd: 1.936
3rd: 1.512
4th: 1.218
5th: 0.996
6th: 0.844
Final: 4.265

(All credit to TLD on this tune, I just changed it a little to work for me and this event)

I'm not too sure on gear ratios, that'll be the next thing I adjust before going into the suspension. I have to shift too much in the esses, so hopefully that can be fixed.

Shifting in the esses, not good. :sly:

I have a setup which I was able to win with a few times, even though it is a handful. 👍
Will post it later, maybe someone dares to try it ?! :lol:

I have been working on a tune for this car, but quite frankly, I don't like to drive it. I can't believe how bad it handles compared to the F430, California and even the 512BB.

@toracer32: You asked for a 512BB or 599, I tuned the 512BB, it's much better. :)

Last edited:
My old setup probably wouldn't work nearly as well in this event as it did in the event I created it for. I guess I was more interested in old school Ferrari glory for this event, hence no 599.

Back