Why not Seasonal Races every week?

United States
Virginia
i know some people like timed races or Super Laps, but I think most prefer Seasonal Races. So why can't PD post new Seasonal Races and Super Laps each week instead of alternating. I know this is tired topic, but I'm hoping one day the the right person will read out gripes. They don't even keep the old Seasonal Races up there for more than two weeks. Even though GT5 also only posted new Seasonals every other week, they kept the races posted for several months, and they gave us 5 races instead of 3. If they had kept up even half the Seasonals from 2014, it would give me something semi-different.

I love this game, but basically I can only enjoy it every other Thursday for 30-60 minutes. Actual racing time is roughly 15 minutes. The rest of the time is spent tuning your car.

Does anyone know if there will be a new GT5 coming out for PS4? I'd buy the new system for that. I was going to buy a Xbox to play Forza, but I found out my G27 wheel isn't compatible with the new Xbox. They sell very cheap looking plastic wheel for sale at GameStop, but if you want to do it right it'll cost another 4-500 for a wheel. I'll pass.

Thanks for letting me vent everyone. Have a great weekend!!!

I agree with everyone else about the frequency of releasing new seasonal races, but I also agree with the point you raised with the events staying up for longer periods of time. Sometimes they release a seasonal that I might really like, but then the new seasonals come and I don't like any of them. If you want to make them more repeatable, you could try multiple different cars for the race though.
Does anyone know if there will be a new GT5 coming out for PS4? I'd buy the new system for that. I was going to buy a Xbox to play Forza, but I found out my G27 wheel isn't compatible with the new Xbox. They sell very cheap looking plastic wheel for sale at GameStop, but if you want to do it right it'll cost another 4-500 for a wheel. I'll pass.
When they release GT7 it will be on the PS4, but if I remember correctly, the G27 is not compatible with the PS4.

A new GT7 is definitely coming to PS4. Just when however is another story. Could be this year, next year, or in 4 years.

I prefer Time Trials to races personally. But I like races too when they are difficult. I can't stand drifting. I have little interest in the paint chips, I'd prefer more new cars as awards like at Christmas.

They used to add new seasonals every week in GT5, but they would never expire, so the list would continually grow, and you could go back and run any of your favorites whenever you wanted to.

For the life of me I haven't the slightest clue why they changed this behavior in GT6, but it's extremely annoying and makes absolutely no sense.

Am I one of the few that actually enjoys the over taking Seasonals? I nearly died of frustration with the christmas ones but I still enjoyed them and the car you win is a great incentive. I enjoy the missions and licence tests on GT6.

Am I one of the few that actually enjoys the over taking Seasonals? I nearly died of frustration with the christmas ones but I still enjoyed them and the car you win is a great incentive. I enjoy the missions and licence tests on GT6.

I was not a big fan of the overtaking seasonals, but the free cars were nice. :dopey:

I like both tt's and races so I am fine with the alternating, but I too miss the seasonal race events being available for months. You could completely forget about a race and long after rediscover it almost as if new.

Hope the gold prize is giving you to decorate your car just like a Harley- Davidson. No same model will look the same after decoration. Thumb up for the oncoming update that we can paint the wing, but not all cars allow wing to be fit. :cheers:

While we are at it why not reintroduce the prize bonus for using a car with less PP. This was not only a great way to generate credits but was a real challenge to see how much of a detuned car you could still win with.

And realistically speaking all these fortnightly season races are too easy otherwise.

Back