Why not tire wear?

OutspokenFlunky
OutspokenFlunky
OK first off let me say I'm kind of glad that this isn't a feature in GT6 but it still seem strange.

OK to the point at hand. Why don't tires slowly wear out to the point where you have to buy new sets to keep your cars top notch? The only reason I'm asking is you have to change the oil you have to fix the engine and now we have the frame glitch. All of this is simulation type effects yet the tires never wear out and you do not have the option to run full sim damage in single player mode. I just found this odd over the years and wanted to know how others feel about how this works. It really stands out now because the times have a little number icon next to the tire to show wear.

He wants tyre wear like in real life where you replace your tyres after xx ammount of miles. Problem is that racing will trash a set of tyres in under an hour. You get maybe 5 laps out of a set of soft sports in the super licence events, so you're asking to replace the tyres after every race?

I'm not sure I like that idea.

They reason I tune online is so I don't any wear on my car. i hate having to do oil changes and engine/chassis refresh. So I know I wouldn't like constant tire changes.

I run full sim online. I was just pointing out that it is strange everything else about the car breaks down but the tire remain fresh. I just thought it was an odd concept.

I'd have no trouble with that concept in the game and I'd say the same thing about anything that adds more realism...on one condition...it's optional. If you want full sim, hit these buttons. If you don't, hit these buttons. Everyone can play the way they want. Personally I don't even want to change oil, I think it's a boring, redundant feature in a game. Yeah, I know it's real, so is chassis refresh, damage repair etc. But it's a game not real life, and to me, all those things do is eat up time to watch a silly animation over and over to repair a "virtual" car that doesn't exist. It's fun once just to see the animation, painful after that. For me anyway:lol:

They reason I tune online is so I don't any wear on my car. i hate having to do oil changes and engine/chassis refresh. So I know I wouldn't like constant tire changes.

you know online does take toll on your car right ? online or offline still puts wear on a car =)

you know online does take toll on your car right ? online or offline still puts wear on a car =)
Does it? I have only noticed it when tire wear in on. Does it still wear when tire wear is off? I've put probably hundreds of miles on my s2000 and haven't noticed any performance difference yet.

Back