Why online races are so little rewarded?

• Thread starter Snake17x
  • 12 comments
Italy
Italy
Snake17x
Win a 5 or 10 laps race with 10-16 competitive players, should be more rewarded than now.

I don't understand why we gained more to win a race offline (with an IA very little competitive) than a race with real people (and then more competitive).

Also, one time that you have finished the career mode, the only method to earn cr. is to repeat the same event many times, you can do this 4-5 times, but after became boring.

So... Why online races are so little rewarded?

Microtransaction? No thanks, we payed to get the game, and is not my intention to spend other money only to get cr...

It would be a lot better if online races paid out more credits.

👍

How about more offline events.... ? (shrug)

With a Offline event editor (and more money how reward) maybe can be fun.

EX: a 60minutes race with high PP cars must pay more than 6 000 000 cr.

But with this IA, i dont know if i want to do a 60minutes race, maybe i prefer to do that race with others 15 competitive humans.
Logically, in a long online race, rewards must be high also for 2°-3°-4°-5°-6° (based on the amount of players at the start of the race, racers stayed in race in the middle of the race, racers at the end).

A penality in Cr. must be given to all players that start an online race and quit intentionally, i hate ra(c/g)e quit :D

Reactions: FS7
But that's not cheating :sly: I'd def love to run races with my friends and earn good money!

Well if payouts were high people would make private room and take turns winning for credits.
How is that a bad thing? To me that doesn't sound like cheating at all.

I mean, people can earn ~250,000 cr. in around 4 minutes in the Red Bull races using driving aids, crashing into AI cars and cutting corners all over the place.
People seem to be OK with that, so I don't see the problem in other people making money while playing in friend's private lobby. The way other people play their online sessions is not going to affect the way I play mine.

I don't think it's necessary to have super high payouts in online races but PD should implement proper payouts based on race distance and number of opponents (eg: winning a GT3 5-lap race at Suzuka against a full grid should pay at least the same 80,200 + login bonus that can be earned in the same career race).
Getting less credits when playing against good human opponents than when playing against bad career AI seems like bad game design to me.

FS7
How is that a bad thing? To me that doesn't sound like cheating at all.

I mean, people can earn ~250,000 cr. in around 4 minutes in the Red Bull races using driving aids, crashing into AI cars and cutting corners all over the place.
People seem to be OK with that, so I don't see the problem in other people making money while playing in friend's private lobby. The way other people play their online sessions is not going to affect the way I play mine.

I don't think it's necessary to have super high payouts in online races but PD should implement proper payouts based on race distance and number of opponents (eg: winning a GT3 5-lap race at Suzuka against a full grid should pay at least the same 80,200 + login bonus that can be earned in the same career race).
Getting less credits when playing against good human opponents than when playing against bad career AI seems like bad game design to me.

I see your point, however doing RB races with the AI is not the same as doing it with players, AI never forgive. As for the rest, it would be nice for PD to implement a ranking race system.

I'd like to see online payouts go up dramatically. If PD is going to give us a grinding option, that is, create a race that can be run repeatedly to earn large cash, there's no reason I can think of to not increase all the payouts in all areas of the game. I'd like to see the payout for online races to be at at least $100K for winning an 8-10 person field and a length of 10-15 minutes and $50K for last place. On top of that I'd like to see performance bonuses like this:

Use ABS only: +5%
No Aids: + 10%
Clean Racer Bonus (only incidental or no contact) - +25%
Native Tires on All Cars: +10% for everyone
Everyone is a clean racer Bonus - +10%
etc. etc. etc.

One way to encourage clean racing online is as old as the hills...encourage it with money.

I got so excited by this post, I did a spin-off question

Last edited:
Back