Why PD why?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dagger311
  • 16 comments
  • 2,025 views
Messages
6,658
United States
Marietta, GA
Messages
Dagger31198
Did you put so many awesome cars in the game? :P. I have 124 cars, and love all of them. Although I will admit, 2-300 Miatas, Skylines, etc. Is a little much, but look at all the other cool stuff they gave us! I get a little sick of hearing "we need more cars." Yes, some cool cars are always welcome, I know I'd love to see some of the old muscle cars come to the game, but there are plenty of cars already. Do you know where precious gems come from? The ground. You have to dig for them. There are some really cool cars that you wouldn't even think of using at first glance. Too many to name, but I have a few that, if they were never mentioned to me, or if I never just looked through the dealerships, I never would have found. Most of them are the not-so-pretty standard models, but they still perform.

Praise/rant in one post over. Before I post, I want you to try something.

Pick a dealership, preferably one that's not insanely expensive or normally high performance.
Count the pages in the dealership, and choose a random number between the two.
Go to that page, and pick one car.
Buy it, try it stock, tune it, or just slap a couple of engine and weight upgrades on there and drive it on your favorite track.

Just something interesting I thought we could try. Post your car and experiences below. This is not meant to be a debate thread, just to help people who may be getting a little bored with the game find their new favorite car. I'll be doing it soon, right now though, it's friggin' cold in Georgia, I'm going to go do jumping jacks or something :lol:.
 
What does the title have to do with your comment?
 
Title kind of fooled me. Thought it was another complaining thread...Not really sure why I clicked on it to be honest. Maybe I'm a masochist. :confused:

But yeah, one of the reasons I'm not as bored as some of the people here is because there's always a new car to drive and master. I haven't tried that many "sleepers", I suppose you might call them, as I just love the GT1/2/3 cars and the supercars so much. But I intend to get around to them.

I'll give your suggestion a go. One car I did have fun with in GT5 was the Mini Marcos. Stuck some air intake and exhaust parts to it, stiffer suspension, and it was a blast around the Cape Ring and Trail Mountain. I really should give it a go with this game..
 
Title kind of fooled me. Thought it was another complaining thread...Not really sure why I clicked on it to be honest. Maybe I'm a masochist. :confused:

But yeah, one of the reasons I'm not as bored as some of the people here is because there's always a new car to drive and master. I haven't tried that many "sleepers", I suppose you might call them, as I just love the GT1/2/3 cars and the supercars so much. But I intend to get around to them.

I'll give your suggestion a go. One car I did have fun with in GT5 was the Mini Marcos. Stuck some air intake and exhaust parts to it, stiffer suspension, and it was a blast around the Cape Ring and Trail Mountain. I really should give it a go with this game..
That's the trick, it's supposed to seem like one.

But anyway, I did it, here's the story:

I don't normally care much for Japanese cars, they seem to lack top speed, but since the goal is to branch out, that's what I chose. I chose the Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car '97.

Okay, stock was amazing with handling, but it lacked top speed. I put a mid range turbo on, upgraded to stage 3 engine, and messed with the gearbox a little bit and fixed that. Now I have a pretty cool car to enter in the "500pp any car" rooms. I' d reccomend giving it a go if you have the 110,000 credits to spare.
 
I am certainly amazed by the Aston One-77 and the Huayra. I love both of them.

Despite having well over 1200 cars in the game, it feels like we still don't have enough cars :p
 
I am certainly amazed by the Aston One-77 and the Huayra. I love both of them.

Despite having well over 1200 cars in the game, it feels like we still don't have enough cars :p

I bought a Lamborghini Reventon earlier today. Slapped Highlandors' tune on it and tore up the track.

But yeah, One-77 and Huayra are awesome.
 
I bought a Lamborghini Reventon earlier today. Slapped Highlandors' tune on it and tore up the track.

But yeah, One-77 and Huayra are awesome.
The One-77 is just fantastic.
 
Good car that (Civic TC). I've had a lot of fun with that car in particular before so it's not one I'd overlook personally, but it all depends on which types of car anybody's in to and how much they rely on cars they've driven before as to whether or not they are willing to look past the lack of content at the moment and just get down to driving different cars. :)
 
With no interest in anything offline, and no time to race online, hotlapping is about all I've been doing the last couple of weeks.

Zonda C12 is a great car. Perfect on stock rubber with no tuning.
Volkswagen Nardo same thing.
NSX Concept is pretty good, which it had a little less understeer but it's still very fast.
Spoon S2000 is just about perfect on the 'Ring.
Ford RS200 is fun and fast at 450PP when tuned.
 
The 12C is a completely different beast from what it was in GT5.
 
Another Japanese touring car: the Prius TC.

I needed a prius for the one-make race, and figured I'd make it easy and get a trophy at the same time. Ballasted to 50/50 amd power limited tp the requirement, chose the best tires I could for the event, and hated it.

The thing doesn't change gears, it just felt too slow for me. Maybe on the more technical courses, but it's just not for me.
 
Got a new one for you guys. Most probably wouldn't pass this up, but like I said, I rarely use Japanes race cars: Honda HSV anniversary edition. Handled well out of the box, and it was free, can't beat that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got a new one for you guys. Most probably wouldn't pass this up, but like I said, I rarely use Japanes race cars: Honda HSV anniversary edition. Handled well out of the box, and it was free, can't beat that.
Subaru S206 NBR....$60k for a 27-minute 24 minutes of the 'Ring (ok, plus all the upgrades).....what else do you need to know?
 
I spend all my time In Arcade mode doing time trialling in a variety of cars for the WRS events. My favourites so far:

The RUF RGT '00@Nurburgring GP/D: Hated this car to start with as it is a handful but, once I took the time to get to grips with it, it was great fun trying to stop it sliding about;
The Lotus Elise 111R RC '04@Trial Mountain: This car is insanely quick and just has so much grip with the right tune;
Tommy Kaira ZZII '00@Matterhorn Dristelen: Everyone knows this is a quick car but it is extremely nimble and I am loving driving it at the moment.

I have found that being given a set car/track combo with no choice in either forces me to become a better driver as I have to learn to control all manner of cars on a wide variety of tracks....and knowing I am competing against others makes me want to get better. The wide array of cars in the game means I can improve on any and all types of cars
 
Gotta Love dat 288 GTO.
 
Mazda RX7 Bathurst Edition. Any sports tire you like. Upgrade suspension engine exhaust. Reduce weight to 1100 kg and upgrade the gearbox and LSD.
HINT take it t o the track it's named after. Enjoy. And oh yes its a standard car.
But its a beast and fun to drive.
 
Back