Why the Reventon?

You'll definitely hate that the Dodge Coronet has paddle shifting animations while being a three speed automatic.

How does **** like that even happen? I mean a guy has to be there inputting all the data for the car, like what kind of transmission it has; how do you accidentally assign "paddle shifted" when you're coding in a muscle car? I swear most of the people at T10 are either incredibly incompetent or incredibly careless, or both. The kind of **** that makes it to release (and through multiple games without being addressed) is shameful. Their QA is seriously pathetic.

Yeah, I mean its blatantly obvious that the driver moves his index finger half an inch. I'm throwing the game in the garbage tomorrow because of it. Completely ruined my experience.

I swear most of the people at T10 are either incredibly incompetent or incredibly careless, or both.

For a game as big as Forza 4, that was done in just two years, it's actually pretty well done, I think. I've seen quite a few releases over the years, especially on the PC, that truly have been invested by bugs. And most of them took longer to come out.

If what you're saying was true, we'd be dealing wwith lots and lots of freezes, crashes, input lag and so on, and so forth. Basically, a lot of what happened when I played Fallout: New Vegas on my PS3 :lol:

Any issues with Forza 4, are minor nitpicks, nothing more. Any complaints I have about Forza 4, are a far cry from Gran Turismo 5's mountain of serious game breaking flaws. So I try not to think about it to much.

Do we know all the cars that have a shifting animation problem? Because I know that the beautiful 250 GTO doesn't shift either, he keeps his hands on the steering wheel.

Well for me the animations match exactly what I'm doing. If I use the 6 speed then the animation does the same, if I use the paddle shifters then the animation does the same. So for me it's if I want the correct animation I need to use the correct shift method. Immersion at it's most critical.

The problem is, some of the muscle cars have column shifts. You can't just paste the floor shift animation in and making the column shift one look respectable would have been impossible given the time constraints.

The new Bel Air uses the flappy paddle animation for it's 2 speed gear box.

S'pose its easier to notice a few wrong shift animations when every car has a fully modelled interior view isnt it?
I'd rather that than having 80 % of the games cars without any interior view or a very very basic silloette one like GT5.............

think about that.

I'm sure it'll be fixed in the future. A lot of cars didn't have shift animations on release of forza 3 and they were addressed.

off topic- Gran Turismo having flaws does not negate the fact that Forza also has quite a few flaws. It's kind of irrelevant to bring up other games. Some people on this forum such as myself play and enjoy both games. Its obnoxious when forum members have to beat up on other games to make themselves feel good about their favorite or preferred game especially when it has nothing to do with the main topic.

off topic- Gran Turismo having flaws does not negate the fact that Forza also has quite a few flaws. It's kind of irrelevant to bring up other games. Some people on this forum such as myself play and enjoy both games. Its obnoxious when forum members have to beat up on other games to make themselves feel good about their favorite or preferred game especially when it has nothing to do with the main topic.

Agreed.

And regarding them getting fixed in the future, I somewhat doubt it.

Many, if not all interior issues from FM3 were directly ported to FM4 excluding the R class cars having missing displays.

The XKRs speedo still works as though it's showing KMH instead of MPH, the GT40 still has no shift animation, the Ford GTs speedo still twists as you go faster eventually hiding the needle inside the face of the speedo etc etc.

For a game as big as Forza 4, that was done in just two years, it's actually pretty well done, I think. I've seen quite a few releases over the years, especially on the PC, that truly have been invested by bugs. And most of them took longer to come out.

You say this. But I remember reading online that most cars were taken from FM3 then touched up a bit. Then I also read that a few of the tracks are taken from other games. Like the ring I read was from PGR?

Most games probably did take longer to come out. But most are not porting so many items from other games. With all of these assets i'd hope they get a game out every other year.

You say this. But I remember reading online that most cars were taken from FM3 then touched up a bit. Then I also read that a few of the tracks are taken from other games. Like the ring I read was from PGR?

Most games probably did take longer to come out. But most are not porting so many items from other games. With all of these assets i'd hope they get a game out every other year.

Some models in FM4 are directly ported from FM2 still.

The F40 is one such example.

Turn 10 have most of the modelling done by third party companies anyways, so that's hardly a point worth discussing when it comes down to the time the game spend in development.

What wasn't touched up, but created from scratch, is the whole lighting engine. The physics engine also had to be altered to accept Pirelli's data without altering the data itself.

Getting the actual code of the game to run well, the graphics and physics eingines, that alone will take quite a big chunk of time. Same as reworking the PI system, implementing new game modes both online and offline and such.

I don't quite get why people seem to think that modelling a game's assets would be the primary factor as to how long a game spends in development? Oh, wait, as I'm writing this, I think I know why: GT5, right?

When trying to gauge any design flaws in Forza 4, you need some comparison to put it in perspective; When looking at other racing sims to have come out in the last year, Forza 4's design flaws are pretty insignificant in comparison. What Turn-10 has created, is still better than anything else out there, by a lot.

It's pretty incredible what Turn-10 managed to get out in 2 years, while still delivering a feature complete game with very few bugs and no need to patch in new features. Gran Turismo by comparison had to have multiplayer patched in on launch day. Even then it took 10 months before it was finally complete.

Back