Why the short lifespan of seasonal races?

• Thread starter VetteZR1
  • 18 comments
United States
Howell Mi
Lionfan58
Why are the races only available for a such a short timespan. GT-5 seasonal races were up for YEARS! Time and drift trails can only be won only once, but the races can be won unlimited times. After such a long wait and short career mode I was looking forward racing different cars in the seasonal races. With small payouts and limited availability I can't help but think "microtransactions". Why anybody would spend good money on that crap is a mystery to me.

On a 200% bonus, you can make some good money off them. Going back to the career mode and you can still make money. The GT3 championship will net 1 million cr., it takes around 50-60 minutes to complete, but it is fun to do.

I agree, just 2 weeks for the season event, and another 2 weeks without online positions.
Also i miss the brand events, ( civic events,ff events etc. and they were all 5 races, big money and a car if you got gold on all 5)

To get money, i use the redbull standard silverstone with lots of cheating ( cutting corners and driving on grass) under 16minutes and got 1.040.000 credits (4x times racing+ 200% loginbonus)
I'm a very bad driver, and i mean very bad, but still managed to clear the redbull kart and redbull junior, to get to the redbull standard races.
there was a time ( couple months ago) that i drove that track for 30 or 60 minutes every day, got the max credits now (50mil credits)
Problem now is, on my youtube i post the career races, just finished the international A.
This means i always had to buy stuff before racing for about 1.5 or 2 million, or else the money would be gone when the counter reached 50.000.000 ( happened a lot, lost already about 5 or 6 million with that)

greetz.

For the life of me I cant understand why once there life expires you cant download them to the game, possibly with different pay outs.
That way if their is actually one you like you can play it anytime.
Download size should be minimal, just track (laps weather time of day) AI car pick list & the AIs level.
Probably way smaller than the movies which we are forced to download

For the life of me I cant understand why once there life expires you cant download them to the game, possibly with different pay outs.
That way if their is actually one you like you can play it anytime.
Download size should be minimal, just track (laps weather time of day) AI car pick list & the AIs level.
Probably way smaller than the movies which we are forced to download

everything for a time trial is already on the PS3/Disc ... i doubt you would "download" anything at all except for the pictures you see, minimal settings and the text ... infact you just upload your best time

everything for a time trial is already on the PS3/Disc ... i doubt you would "download" anything at all except for the pictures you see, minimal settings and the text ... infact you just upload your best time

This is about races why would you download time trials you can do them already?

This is about races why would you download time trials you can do them already?

meeehhh essentially its the same thing ... leave out the uploading of the time
all the content that comes in those seasonal races are already on the disc/ps3

everything that pops up in the seasonal menue is not "new" content, its just very little settings/rules that you "download" or right now more like "stream"

I think it's a good design decision.

In GT5 I found myself doing the same seasonals over and over. Especially the PP650 Nordschleife single lap for a million credits. It was so rich, it was an addiction.

This "short life", for me, means that I run a whole lot of different cars on the same track for a limited period. It not only forces me to broaden my track experiences, it encourages me to explore a track with a variety of rides. Then we are on to the next set of three tracks.

No longer am I stuck in a rut as an addict.

Also, it keeps the Seasonal menu to a compact size.

i kind of agree with the 2 week interval

the reality is i get bored of the challenge

i run it a few times, come first and wont ever run it again

they are doing things differently from GT5, thats not a bad thing

however no more time and drift trials, too much already

Why are the races only available for a such a short timespan. GT-5 seasonal races were up for YEARS!
This probably is the solution of research and investigations. They probably track how often these races get run once completed. You would find that seasonal races get abandoned quicker than time or drift trails.

VetteZR1
With small payouts and limited availability I can't help but think "microtransactions". Why anybody would spend good money on that crap is a mystery to me.
On 200% Red Bull standard championship nets millions in less than a hour. Senna challenge pockets about Cr 5 million. You think micro transaction on impulse. There are plenty of races that net good rewards. Micro transactions are for people who don't want to play the game.

GT5 started with the exact same style. I'm almost sure at the start they did just a few single (expert) spec races mixed fortnightly with the TT/DT tests.

After a few months they changed to the 5 race series that everyone enjoyed.

Maybe they will move to them or simply add a race creator and then they could just stick to TT and DT's.

I think most racers are not bothered about the huge payouts, it's just that we need a greater variety in our races.

It creates a sense of urgency, and I guarantee they track every number associated with the seasonal events, and are testing different time scales with events such as this. I imagine they will have paid DLC in the future, and that would of course be more successful with more people consistently playing the game. Some people just sell games when they get bored, and by keeping people playing, they increase the likelihood of folks buying their DLC/future games in the series.

The sense of urgency makes people actually throw the game in and play, while if it's open ended, people will procrastinate if they aren't already playing the game. If you procrastinate long enough, you'll just forget about whatever it is you're putting off entirely. I know I generally wait to do certain events until they are about to expire, just due to my limited free time.

Any time we put out an offer at work, we put some kind of reasonable expiration date. We will honor it most of the time past the expiration date. Open ended time offers are always the least successful. Look at Groupon/Living Social. We've worked with them in the past, and they actually explicitly say the same thing when working with clients to run offers.

I would like it if they were available just to play for longer, I've enjoyed a few of the expert ones and having the more pro-active ai made them a lot more fun than the regular A-spec races.

It's not like keeping them is going to take up space or anything, just more to scroll through as per GT5. They could even put them into an archive page where they could be sorted by track, PP, car type, difficulty level, etc.

On a 200% bonus, you can make some good money off them. Going back to the career mode and you can still make money. The GT3 championship will net 1 million cr., it takes around 50-60 minutes to complete, but it is fun to do.
I've rediscovered that one. Sick of cars ahead of me hitting the end of the pit wall on Ascari in the 10-lapper and I will not do the Red Bull Standard Championship ever again. GT3 Championship is enjoyable in a variety of cars and just plain easy in GT3 cars.

I actually like going back and doing the Red Bull Challenge for some cash occasionally. If you change the tires to Racing Soft once you're in and put on SRF you can throw that thing around with reckless abandon and still win pretty easily 👍

The Nurburgring challenge in the Lexus was the most I played GT in many months... And I still didn't clear it! I wish that was still up... Those harder challenges do more to teach people the ring better than anything else (except GT 5 academy - that's worth bring back!)

I learned I was top of the boards in 2/3rd of the track, but really fall appart in the last 3rd...

Back