Why there is no GT Sport Drift subforum, same as GT5 and GT6 had?

Brazil
Porto Alegre
LazyLiquid
I am not starting this thread to listen that people don´t drift in this game due the lack of content (because it is not true) and also to listen that GT Sport is streamlined to diehard racing crowd (witch is not true, too).

Every time i open my lobby, in few minutes there are at least 5-10 drifters on it. Diferent cars, diferent level of skills, diferent setups. People want to drift in this game, even with less content than the earlier games, more and more cars are comming, more tracks also will come and possible some minor visual upgrades also will get into the game also. Its just a matter of time.

I really miss the experience that i had on GTPlanet in the earlier games, and i think that would be a great help to help people to improve their skills and stay together. Quite soon, GT6 servers will be shut down, and many of them will finally migrate.

The biggest reason why i think that must be a dedicated sub for drifting is because:
1 Racing content and Drifting content dont blend.
2 The Drifting content is is completly overlooked by the regular racing stuff (from setups, photos, videos, discussions and so on). Then they are burried quite fast.
3 If there is some kind of prejudice from the racing community around drifting, isn´t better to split them and let each one stay on his style instead mix these people?

Probably this will ends in nothing or "there is a topic talking about it already, you can find it searching for 1 year ago". But this really bothers me, drifters are people too, you know?

I'm not a drifter and don't really pay much attention to that part of GTS.
However I 100% agree with you that it should have it's own sub forum just like GT5 & GT6.
Drifting is definitely part of GTS and you guys just got a cool drift car in the last update to prove that. So even if it is overlooked by many hard core racers it still has its place in the GTP community.

+1

I'm also surprised that a game primarily about online racing, is missing an online race reports subforum. That kind of subforum would be more relevant now than it ever has been, so it's mind boggling that it isn't present in GTS' forum. :odd:

I am positively surprised how this thread is going and how polited you guys takes this issue.

Even still, i don´t feel that this thread will motivate the GTP staff to change the forum´s structure.

(maybe because the drift sub in earlier games had a bad reputation for unpolited and arrogant behaviors here and there, specialy between diferent crews)

Because drifting used to be fun with a controller and GTSport has killed the fun.
Sometimes I miss the handling of GT6 and the car's behaviour during replay.

Its all about understand the new tunning parameters, correct configurations on driving menu and deal with the new handling now. It´s hard to believe, but right now i am able to do things with certain ease that i had a lot of mistakes on earlier games, specialy at banked corners or mantain longer slides. Now i can even do several laps drifting around the mini Nascar track in my RX7. Confort Hard Tires still working like charm. No aids, no helping, no nothing.

I´d risk to say that if Cape Ring was in GT Sport right now, i would make that entire ring much more frequently than GT6 and even GT5.

Trust me, its not even about "git gud"... if you have background on the earlier games, all you will need to do is understand how to build your car properly and set up your device. The physics are even better now. Better than the Open Beta, by the way.

I would love to see more people discovering it and sharing their knowledge in a new sub for drifting. Would be a lot easier to make people improve together instead give up and advertise against the game, destroying the scene even more.

I've enjoyed drifting a lot more in GTS... I've actually done it voluntarily, and gotten to the 1,000,000 drift points for fun.

I don't bother tuning though... stock(ish) 911, and away I go :D I'm not that good though.

This week i discovered that the Street Tunning Tab and the Drift Tunning Tab have very diferent behaviors using the same setup.
If we had a subforum speaking about this and many other features around the scene, people would know it on the fly.

EDIT:
Whoa, i didn´t realized that now we do have a Drift SubForum!
Thank you, GTP Staff!

Last edited:
What I find amazing is that there doesnt seem to be any kind of marker or acheivement for the drift section in the arcade.

I just started drifting to fill in my 26ml/42km daily and Tsukuba for example... you drift half the track, get a score but it deosnt track the score, nor are there the BEG, MED, PRO sort of breakdowns for your performance. Why?

PD really need to get their thumb out and make drifting more a part of GTS, just like rally I guess.

This week i discovered that the Street Tunning Tab and the Drift Tunning Tab have very diferent behaviors using the same setup.
If we had a subforum speaking about this and many other features around the scene, people would know it on the fly.

EDIT:
Whoa, i didn´t realized that now we do have a Drift SubForum!
Thank you, GTP Staff!

E ae man, tranquilo :D ?
Nice to see that are still people from old gt games here, let's see if if meet in track some day man....
regards

I would say its not all you. For me anyway you need to at least put the right tyres on the car. And some cars drift "out of the box" easier than other cars.

My go to drift car is the 911 GT3 and I use SH front, CS rear. Nothing else touched.

The car breaks free by itself on many curves just with a little more power and steering attitude.

To give you some idea, I didnt even drift from day one, more like maybe two months into my GTS career just for a laugh.

I'd say I'm not far from a million drift points now.

the only thing i wish for the whole GTS community is the option to have an update that you can remove rear wing on standard cars and possibly even what gt6 had by choosing a aftermarket HUGE drift wang that you could customize to your own preference for not only stance but also for that extra downforce when going for 200+km/h reverse entries! :)

Back