WHY? WHY MUST IT BE ME?. Help me choose.

• Thread starter LeChittie
  • 15 comments
CRAP.
GUYS. HELP ME DECIDE.
I left my PSP to charge one day, then my mum I think she pulled the charger wire and the DROPPED THE PSP.:(

After that my PSP can't be charged anymore. *I know its my PSP because I tested my Bro's PSP too*

To make worse, My littlest brother, Stepped on the PSP.
HE STEPPED ON IT:( :(

Now, the PSP can't charge and CAN'T USE THE ANALOG STICK.
Its stuck pointing to the left side of the PSP. So when I play GT, the car can ONLY turn left.

I tried salvaging my GT play time by playing it on my Bro's PSP.
Turns out, because it was on another PSP, GT will delete my old save file.
The save file that I gotten 102 Gold, 15-odd Rank S's and 400 plus cars in.

So please help me choose,
Should I go repair it *If possible*
OR
Buy a new one *I'll be dead*
OR
Go delete the save file and :( then do it all again.

HELP

CRAP.
GUYS. HELP ME DECIDE.
I left my PSP to charge one day, then my mum I think she pulled the charger wire and the DROPPED THE PSP.:(

After that my PSP can't be charged anymore. *I know its my PSP because I tested my Bro's PSP too*

To make worse, My littlest brother, Stepped on the PSP.
HE STEPPED ON IT:( :(

Its stuck pointing to the left side of the PSP. So when I play GT, the car can ONLY turn left.

I tried salvaging my GT play time by playing it on my Bro's PSP.
Turns out, because it was on another PSP, GT will delete my old save file.
The save file that I gotten 102 Gold, 15-odd Rank S's and 400 plus cars in.

So please help me choose,
Should I go repair it *If possible*
OR
Buy a new one *I'll be dead*
OR
Go delete the save file and :( then do it all again.

HELP

Bring it to a TV repair shop, I have one close by that has fixed PSP's in much worse condition.

Dropped in a Juice cup, Sat on and completely cracked screen, buttons, nubb's all of that. Just grab a phone book and call up to see if they have any PSP experience.

It doesn't cost a thing to check it out, and if the repair bill comes even close to the current sticker price, then the PSP is "totaled" just buy a new one.

For the recharging thing. have you ever used that battery as a Pandora. I would check if it recharges a different battery.

Allot of Batteries that have been used as Pandora's lose their charge and never get it back (Requiring the Power Cord to be inserted when using the Pandora battery. It still doesn't charge if returned to a normal battery.

Get it repaired and put the bill through your home contents insurance...

For the recharging thing. have you ever used that battery as a Pandora. I would check if it recharges a different battery.

Allot of Batteries that have been used as Pandora's lose their charge and never get it back (Requiring the Power Cord to be inserted when using the Pandora battery. It still doesn't charge if returned to a normal battery.

I already checked it brah,
It seriously didn't work. I am in a loaf of sadness now.
1st the PS2 when GT4 was playing, now the PSP :ouch:

@Famine
I'll check the repair bill.
If its close to a new PSP, I'll just buy a new one if my bro's moving out again.

Don't forget that you need to add the value of the time it'd take you to restart your gamesave...

You are all wrong, he should get his family to pay for it, they broke it so why should you have to pay for their mistakes.

So you think HE pays for the home contents insurance in a house he lives in with his MUM?

Oh wait.

save for the PS3 you will get much more enjoyment out of the PS3 in the long run, for me the PSP was good for the first 2 months then i lost interest in the PSP for the most part due to general lack of good games.

seeing as i already have a PS3 and played GT5 Prologue into the ground i am passing the time playing rFactor with about twenty mods and FIFA 10 for the PS3.

You'll need to buy an new analog nub... they are cheap (a few dollars) and easy to replace - I'm on my third nub right now.

As far as the battery/charging issue, you could buy a PSP battery charger (separate unit) and use that to charge your PSP's battery.

I bet you could have all the above for less than $15.

I already checked it brah,
It seriously didn't work. I am in a loaf of sadness now.
1st the PS2 when GT4 was playing, now the PSP :ouch:
LOL Did you say you threw it out?
Okay.
For one thing, if it's a slim, you can charge via USB. So it's still playable. If not I think you can buy battery chargers, which will help. You could also buy another battery, and just interchange batteries, so you can play one while the other is charging.
Another, you can fix the analog stick problem. There's a homebrew thing that can recalibrate it, but even simpler you can just change the in-game config so that the analog isn't used for anything, and it will no longer turn automatically.
And thirdly, you can still get your file back, and play it on your brother's PSP. It's store on the MEMORY STICK (which is removable), in a folder called PSP > SAVEDATA. You can either swap with your brother's stick to play it on his, or you can copy the file onto his stick so you can play it on his PSP.

But hey, you threw it out! Ah well! :P I bet you didn't even keep the memory stick. Those things aren't cheap.
Next time get one of these. I've got one and my 2004 phat is still running strong because of it. Sometimes I get out of my car and hear the dreaded clunk of my PSP falling onto the tarmac...but after a few sweaty seconds it always comes back to life.

Only do races on the ovals or buy a NASCAR game for it. Hope that helps 👍

Only do races on the ovals or buy a NASCAR game for it. Hope that helps 👍

Yea I tried that :D
but the Menu's are a real fight to go right since GT's menu can use the Analog too =/

@Nauraushaun
Dude, Its not thrown out. And I really really don't want to:nervous:
Its still in my room collecting dust like I can only charge it with the USB
And play on turning left on the oval tracks =/
I'm just wondering how would I live without GT for a while *not including those oval drives*
Should I brick it and try to learn using the d-pad from now on?:indiff:

Yea I tried that :D
@Nauraushaun
Dude, Its not thrown out. And I really really don't want to:nervous:
Its still in my room collecting dust like I can only charge it with the USB
And play on turning left on the oval tracks =/
I'm just wondering how would I live without GT for a while *not including those oval drives*
Should I brick it and try to learn using the d-pad from now on?:indiff:
Oh good. Then re-read my message and follow my advice. Best thing for the analog stick would be getting homebrew and using an app called Joysens. It's saved many PSPs. But recalibration within GT should help, though maybe not with the menus.

Back