why wont my 800hp GT40 brake properly

• Thread starter Drift2nv
  • 14 comments
last night i bought the ford GT 05
i also bought all the performance parts and it came to around 800hp
i left all the settings alone for the 1st run and under braking its like it skips accross the road ive mucked with a few settings now it nothing helps
why is it skipping .... then i also bought a dodge charger and the same thing happened if anyone has got any tips on how i can change this it would be a great help

Drift2nv
i left all the settings alone for the 1st run and under braking its like it skips accross the road ive mucked with a few settings now it nothing helps
why is it skipping .... then i also bought a dodge charger and the same thing happened if anyone has got any tips on how i can change this it would be a great help

The lemans race car versions have better brakes the production cars even the high end cars braking systems(even race upgraded) simply cannot stop the car with that much power under the hood try tuning the hp down u can win the gt 40 race version in the gt world championships

it's GT not GT40.

they're 2 very different car ppl.

the GT LM you win in GT world championship isn't as good as the GT LM you win in one of the enduro races.

the one i'm talking about is the 02' version.

tried lowering your camber a little bit? I basically used the 05 GT to teach myself proper downshifting on my wheel and pedals. Make sure to brake down through the gear you're in, THEN downshift. if you downshift early you'll hit the rev limiter and brake traction... thus you slide. So brake early, then get a nice line off the corner and use the car's strength, its suspension design and torque to come outta the corner faster. Its actually easier passing people out of a corner rather than into it anyway. Use the Test track to test braking since there are distance lines there. just hit the line at exactly 200mph every time and test different settings... and dont forget the car is an MR. Keep the rear at least equal.

and guys... why even post about the GT LM's? that wasnt the question and just makes good info harder to find.

Take off the brake controller..I dont know if its a glitch but this seems to be the only car in the game that brakes better without the controller.

just turn down the brake controller - if you're going chirp-chirp-chirp as you brake, then you're loosing grip and the ABS is kicking in... turn it down until you don't do that anymore...

EDIT: look for protegeLX's tuning settings btw.. they work

yea i did install all the brake parts and i turned down the brake controller and it did fix the problem thanks every1 anyway still getting used to the physics in this game .. sooo much different than gt3

in my experience thus far.... save the 10k. Maybe one of 10 cars really needs some increased rear brake bias. The brake controller and the fully adjustable limited slip seem to be a fast way to taking the long route on car tunes. Id say dont use either unless you've tried everything else and cant seems to help it out. I know the limited slip has a million good uses, but it gets in the way of tuning the car right in the begining.... Im sure most people have the habbit buying all parts... then setting the cars to a common "good" setting and going from there. It'll get you by but its a really bad way to go about doing things.

Drift2nv

I also bought one and added a wing, I'm unsure how much downforce to use. What other settings are you using for this car. I'm trying to get the best setup. I also am having problems with the braking.

i took the brake balance controller off completely and my brakes are now fine its still not a easy car to drive tho i am having trouble with the driving aids.. with oversteer controll on its almost impossible to drive at a decent pace and with it off by the 5th lap of seatle city my rear tyres are ****ed and it ends up also impossible to drive at a decent pace this happens with traction controll at any level.. still mucking with it i dont have alot of time at the moment

Try driving it in manual instead. Much easier to slow down by lowering the gears yourself, instead of waiting for the automatic to lower its RPMs.

Unless of course you already do that.

JimmyNock
I also bought one and added a wing, I'm unsure how much downforce to use. What other settings are you using for this car. I'm trying to get the best setup. I also am having problems with the braking.

I've noticed people setting the downforce to max and tried it my self w/ good results.

As far as braking, does increasing the decelleration settings of the LSD if the car is skittering?

Does anyone else have suggestions?

I ran the brakes in my Ford GT at 4f/3r and the brakes were great, you have to brake very early in that car and give the car time to slow down. if you set it up right it will be faster in the corners then most cars but it has a longer braking distance also.

Back