Wierd Gearing Glitch!

hookedonturbo

Site Sponsor
England
Cheshire, UK
phillie11
I was tuning my Alfa 8c the other night. I was using the usual tranny trick to shorten gearing. I had a little race with my mate, then after I went to adjust my setup, I think I took the catalytic convertor off. When I went into the Transmission settings, all of the gears were down at their minimum values...(not how I set them)! Now I can lower ratios further than was possible before...

Can anybody explain what has happened here? I would really like to know how this happened so I can replicate it!

You swapped parts, that gives different gearing. Also you could have gotten that by breaking in the car while testing, then changing parts, that could do it too.

^yeah, thats why sometimes if you try to replicate a car , i.e. Camaro ZL1, that uses a base model (SS) gear box and retain the stock unit the car won't be as fast as the real life. Also, if you have the FC racing unit installed and you add a power part it will usually reset your gearing, unless that's been patched since 2.08.

Changing rims also changes gear ratios. So what you experienced is nothing new, its all part of the game. 👍

I've had it happen when I had the engine and frame refitted. It's annoying lol.
best thing you can do is have your tune stored off game. that way you don't lose your gearing when changing parts.
For me it tends to happen to my last two gears only O_o I can generally fix that pretty fast but somtimes have to start from zero on the trany.

Back