WiFii disconnect

• Thread starter Zowy52
  • 4 comments
My Ps 4 Pro has started dropping the net work connection, then reconnecting. I have to shut down and restart the PS4, then it is more stable. This exact setup has worked fine for the last 6 months or so and has started doing this disconnect reconnect since 1.28. Any one else experiencing this? Any solutions? I saw on another forum, the same issue. They recommended a hardwire, but the problem remained even after that for some users.

I don't have a Ps4 Pro but my PS4 was doing the exact same thing. And the Wifi router was only about 6 feet away and within the same room.

I just did a hardwire and that fixed the issue for me.

You could try setting up your Internet settings to use Google's DNS servers instead. I believe they're
and
This has fixed all kinds of strange internet issues in the past for me.

Thanks ARTAsean I'll try the google servers and see what happens when I get home tonight. Hardwire will be a more difficult solution.

WiFi, despite being what should be a mature technology, is still seemingly beset with problems. Anything that requires a solid and reliable connection should always be hardwired - critical data centres do NOT run on WiFi.

The only things in my flat running on WiFi are those devices that don't have ethernet ports.

ARTAsean YOU DA MAN- I followed your suggestion to use the Google DNS servers and I am back to being Rock Solid. Over 4 hours with no issues, so far. Before I was getting disconnected within 20 minutes. Great Advice, thanks for contributing!!!! It's people like you that make GT Planet such a great site and my number one go to for help..

Back