will all this work well together

• Thread starter bevo
  • 34 comments
Hmm yes, the cpu has a FSB of 667MHz so it's naturally limited at DDR3 1333(667x2). I'd say go ahead, the budget will be around $160-$170 with the cpu, mobo, and ram(considering a $30-$40 budget for ram) once you got everything ordered.

Hmm yes, the cpu has a FSB of 667MHz so it's naturally limited at DDR3 1333(667x2). I'd say go ahead, the budget will be around $160-$170 with the cpu, mobo, and ram(considering a $30-$40 budget for ram) once you got everything ordered.

Am I crazy, or does that seem like a really good deal? There's no way that would be a bottle neck for his 6770 is there. It seems like it would be fine with a much better GPU then that.

I almost have him talked into it, and found a microcenter about an hour and a half away.

He has a 550 watt Power supply. I'm assuming that's plenty for a 6770 and this CPU isn't it?

Yes it is plenty. Recommended PSU for an HD 6770 with the system is 450watts. Really try to get him to buy it. The upgrade really is worth it for just so little.

Someone gave me this link for microcenter in here last year http://www.microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx?rd=1

How did they find that link. When I go on micronecters site i can't for the life of me find combo deals. This link stil lwokrs but I'm looking to see if they have intel CPU, MOBO combo deals now, or any other types of money saving combo deals, but i have no idea how to find them on the site.

Any help would be great,

Last edited:
Back