Will Gran Turismo Sport have online Shuffle Mode?

• Thread starter dINGLE485
  • 7 comments
I doubt there will be enough cars at launch to make a shuffle mode work. It only worked in GT5 as there were loads of standard cars. Shuffle was great in GT5!

VBR
I doubt there will be enough cars at launch to make a shuffle mode work. It only worked in GT5 as there were loads of standard cars. Shuffle was great in GT5!
This basically, and the fact that the cars tend to be grouped and BO'P'd. Even with 1000+ cars you could still have cars that were 5 seconds apart on a mid-sized track so shuffle racing with 1/7th the number of cars would be pretty much impossible other than within class limitations.

This basically, and the fact that the cars tend to be grouped and BO'P'd. Even with 1000+ cars you could still have cars that were 5 seconds apart on a mid-sized track so shuffle racing with 1/7th the number of cars would be pretty much impossible other than within class limitations.

For that reason I actually think shuffle racing would make a welcome return, as the classes/performance levels are extremely well balanced compared to the last games. Being thrown in to random cars and (sometimes) tracks was incredibly fun for me in GT5 and sorely missed in 6.

For that reason I actually think shuffle racing would make a welcome return, as the classes/performance levels are extremely well balanced compared to the last games. Being thrown in to random cars and (sometimes) tracks was incredibly fun for me in GT5 and sorely missed in 6.
That sort of defeats the purpose of shuffle racing. As I understood it the idea was that the faster guys ended up and cars that were significantly off the pace and use their superior skill set to overcome the deficiencies of the car. If the cars are balanced that means you get a random car but the fastest drivers will still always win.

What might make it work is if the cars were nerfed slighty, perhaps with a little less aero and power for the faster guys.

That sort of defeats the purpose of shuffle racing. As I understood it the idea was that the faster guys ended up and cars that were significantly off the pace and use their superior skill set to overcome the deficiencies of the car. If the cars are balanced that means you get a random car but the fastest drivers will still always win.

What might make it work is if the cars were nerfed slighty, perhaps with a little less aero and power for the faster guys.

That may have been a setting, but I remember in GT5 I would regularly place in the bottom 25% of the field and still get the slower cars in the next race. And whether or not it was in fact a setting, it could be easily be a mode added in with the BoP parameters we've already seen.

Honestly I just liked being thrown into random cars that I wasn't familiar with and being surrounded by other drivers doing the same thing and going through the same learning process, and I don't see any reason for anything to be held back.

Back