Will GT4P work in USA with just card and swap disks?

• Thread starter mrhemi1971
  • 26 comments
United States
Playing GT6
wolfgang71
mrhemi1971
I just purchased GT4P and it's on the way. I have the Swap Magic discs and the swap card. Will it work with this or will I HAVE to get the mod chip? I found out that GTC-Tokyo-Geneva doesn't work this way.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

:banghead: :confused: :mad: :irked::( .............................:lol:

I don't know about the swap card but mine works fine with flip-top and swap magic discs. I have the Chinese version of Prologue BTW.

I have the Japan (NTSC-J) version. The swap card does the same as the flip top, but you have to slide the card to disengage the drive and pop out the disc .
I sure hope it does work, I was PI$$ED when GTC Didn't work.
:banghead: :nervous:

It works for me.

By the way... did you get the GTC Tokyo-Geneva edition? If so, the reason why it didn't work is because of the PAL encoding of the game. You can get PAL games to work on an NTSC ps2 but It only works on my computer and TV tuner card using DScaler.

Yeah,for that you need a TV that can handle PAL (50hz screen refresh at a slightly higher resolution than NTSC). Most modern TVs over here can do both NTSC and PAL though, so I expect that to be the same in the US.

It came in the mail today and OH MY GOD is it good! I need to figure out how to get the right analog stick to work gas/brake?
Any Ideas??
Thanks

:D :cheers: 👍

Yeah - it's either shell out the money for that wheel (that is entirely worth it, IMHO) or bear with the sore thumb when trying to gold the McLaren 10-lap test. :)

I finally passed that one when I finally caved to idea of pausing halfway to rest my hand (I kinda wanted to go straight through).

I will get that wheel. I would have gotten it online this week, but I just got laid off. I'll get it sometime though. In the future, I'll be making my own driving pod out of 1 5/8 Mild steel tubing, and make it look like a "car part" :P

It's been in every GT thus far, no point in excluding it now.

I'm thinking that since it's not much (or does not seem like much) of a task, they've probably lumped with the other relatively simple coding to be done at the end of the project cycle.

The swap card solution worked for me. I finally got the golds on all tests today, and my fingers are about to fall off!! I'll definitely have to get the GT force pro wheel!! the X button gas pedal SUCKS!!

Try racing the 25 lap F1 race on test course THREE times. That was with my finger on X(I had to do the race for 2 other people as well as myself) Me thumb was like jelly :banghead: That is what made me get a wheel.

I have also just got 100% on GT3!:D
Now for all golds on the licences :mischievous: Or mabey not, i think ill just play prologue for a while...

Anyone kno where i can get gran turismo 4 prolgue and where i can get the mod chips for it. Any mod chip or cd thats the chippest but will work is fine. Ive been to play-asia.com and they have gt4p but does any other sites have it???:banghead:

I got my copy of prologue on E-bay. I also got the swap magic disc and slide card there as well. Last time I checked there were 15-20 copies of prologue.

All you need are the discs (swap magic) and the game to play prologue in a US PS2. You don't need a slidecard or a flip top.

^^^^^^How does that work? Can ya do that with the PAL PS2 aswell?
Im getting very frustrated, I paid for the 1-3day shipping through Lik-sang and its been a week and still no sign of it, the last time the tracking was updated it said it had been asigned to a sub-agent to deliver because they couldnt. :banghead:

Take the top off your PS2. Then take off the top of the CD trey. Put in your load disc (dont open from the front) set the top of the CD trey back down,( you don't need to put the tiny screws back in just make sure it's in exact place) turn power on and load the start up disc.. when it asks to insert disc ,make sure disc has stopped turning. Take the CD cover back off, put in your back up, prologue ect. put the disc cover back on top, push x on the controller and it should load. Sounds like a pain but you do what you gotta do when your flip top isn't in!

why the hell would you take your ps2 apart to use swap discs???

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard, all you do is put in your DVD swap disc, take the disc tray cap off and slide the little white tab under the disc tray to the right, pull the disc tray open {do not hit eject} put in your game, push the tray closed slide the white tab back to the left, and hit "X" on the controller.

here i made a video to show you the right way to do it, there is absolutly no reason to take the PS2 apart, thats just stupid, and you can use anything to open the tray, as you will see in the video i use a SWISS ARMY KNIFE ;)

DISC SWAP TRICK

Slow down cowboy! Most of that have owned our PS2 since the day they were released have had to take them apart to clean them re-lube and some of us have even mod chipped them so there are a few reasons to take one apart! I am sure those that don't do regular maintenance will find your video helpful as for me I need not spend my time watching it. Also you might work on the sarcastic approach because you might just offend someone. Posts are for enjoyment not ribbing and sarcasm.

well first of all i apoligize if i offended you, i wasnt trying to be offensive, i just dont see the point in taking the ps2 apart to swap discs, and i thought my video might help ;)

Well, think about it Drift God, if one doesn't know about your trick to open the disc tray then they would have to take off the cover, wouldn't they? And when you remove the cover from the disc tray, then you are taking you're PS2 apart as well! There is some danger of damaging your PS2 using the slide card also. Taking the cover off is not too risky.

DRIFT GOD, just because someone does something different than you, it's no reason to call it stupid. Comments like that tend to start very bad arguments. You may not have mean to offend anyone, but your tone said otherwise.

People have their reasons for disassembling their PS2s, and different people have their own methods of playing other region games. Please don't make a habit of calling other people's methods or idea dumb or stupid. The community will be better off for it.

Sorry to preach to you, I thought it needed to be said for the sake of the community.

But, I do (and I'm sure others do) appreciate the effort with the video tutorial. :)

****, the new avatar is pretty cool;) I do like Drift god's way of doing that but I herd its hard on the motor or something. Drift G, you didn't make an enemy, no problem here:)

cool, no problem here either ;)

i just wanted to add that there are rumors going around that say the swap discs wont work on the new ps2, this rumor is NOT true, i have a v5 ps2 & a v10 ps2 and the swap discs works on both systems.

UPDATE

the rumors are partly true, the CD disc does NOT work on the v10 PS2 {both work fine on my v5 PS2}, the DVD disc works fine, i just tryed it yesterday on my v10 PS2 to see for sure and is true.

i also updated the SLIDE TRICK video, it now shows what the DVD SWAP DISC looks like on the tv screen, before,during & after the swap, just for those that dont have it ;)

Latest Posts

Back