Will GT6's Beyond the Apex app be updated?

• Thread starter Thomas2012
  • 9 comments
Australia
Melbourne
MJTbreww
GTP MJTbreww
Hello GTPlanet!
I have been using the Beyond the Apex app for quite a long time now and I love it. It's great to read or just go through the list of cars to see what I might buy next but of course with GT6's updates cars have been added and my question is will the app be updated so all cars will be included?

Thank you very much for your time! Have a great day!

Like @xiando said wouldn't know.
If they ever do they should consider adding android and other smart phones to the supported devices.

I nearly ran out of my shoes when I discovered the app had been made, but as I read the article and discovered that I wouldn't be able to use it because I dont have an apple device, I was heartbroken.

Maybe I'm not the only one. Many use smart devices outside of apple so it would only be beneficial.

I wouldn't mind if they added a tilt screen view for the iPhone or landscape view, whatever it's called. The print is just too small.

Hello GTPlanet!
I have been using the Beyond the Apex app for quite a long time now and I love it. It's great to read or just go through the list of cars to see what I might buy next but of course with GT6's updates cars have been added and my question is will the app be updated so all cars will be included?

Thank you very much for your time! Have a great day!
No clue about the App.
But for a GT6 car list that is kept fairly well up to date, you can find it on their website.
Click on 'GT6' (or via 'Products') and you can scroll down to the 'List of Cars'.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gt6/

That will open a new tab and will show all new cars that were added to GT6 before release, and cars that have been added from updates after.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html

Like @xiando said wouldn't know.
If they ever do they should consider adding android and other smart phones to the supported devices.

I nearly ran out of my shoes when I discovered the app had been made, but as I read the article and discovered that I wouldn't be able to use it because I dont have an apple device, I was heartbroken.

Maybe I'm not the only one. Many use smart devices outside of apple so it would only be beneficial.
I'm with you on this one. I was VERY excited when I saw the announcement of the app. Even though I wasn't completely sure what it was, I was thrilled to see PD doing something for our mobile devices. But, like you, I do not use an iPhone or iPad so I am S.O.L. It seems extremely foolish to me that if they were going to only make the app available to one platform that they would choose iOS. Android's marketshare dwarf's iOS - it's not even close. Therefore, they should expect similar percentages among their GT6 players.

I'm with you on this one. I was VERY excited when I saw the announcement of the app. Even though I wasn't completely sure what it was, I was thrilled to see PD doing something for our mobile devices. But, like you, I do not use an iPhone or iPad so I am S.O.L. It seems extremely foolish to me that if they were going to only make the app available to one platform that they would choose iOS. Android's marketshare dwarf's iOS - it's not even close. Therefore, they should expect similar percentages among their GT6 players.

I didn't even know that. I thought they were at least compettitive.

All the more reason to make that move. Besides I really havent even had any hands on experience wih the app which I and I'm sure a few others would EDIT:appreciate

its such a limited app for now.

I didn't even know that. I thought they were at least compettitive.

All the more reason to make that move. Besides I really havent even had any hands on experience wih the app which I and I'm sure a few others would EDIT:appreciate

its such a limited app for now.
In the USA, Android & iOS are almost even in terms of marketshare. Worldwide, however, it is not even close. And based on what I see in the Leaderboards, the user base of GT6 seems to reflect "global" statistics more than "USA" statistics. According to this article over at IDC.com, Android is approximately 84% of the smartphone market while iOS is approximately 12%. There are pretty little charts and graphs on that page that show the growth and decline over the last several quarters.

Having converted from iOS to Android, I am disappointed that GT: Apex isn't on here. So yeah, if PD do update it, they should add support for other phones... because not everyone owns an iThing.

That is an interesting point about android users being ignored with this app. It makes me think about the promised app that captures gps data on a mobile device for upload to gt6... If THAT one is ios only I'll snap my copy of gt6 and never buy another one lol.

The course creator was my main reason to buy gt6, and I pre ordered and bought the anniversary edition... it would basically be pd throwing my loyalty to their product back in my face.

Back