Will GT7 be released alongside the Playstation 5's PS-VR2 ?

2022 no way, but maybe in 2023 everything is possible. Although in my opinion, PS5 is a beast and much stronger compared to when PS4 was released in 2013.Even low-mid range gaming pc was better than ps4. This time around its different story.

It is more likely we could get a double- GPU "elite" version of the PS5 for holidays 2023/Spring 2024 for a price of 699€ (maybe with 1to + 1to SSD).

I'm affording telling this because in the early release schedule of the PS5, the "gaming elite" version (that we can call in short the PS5 pro) could have been releaded alongside the standard PS5 in a limited number edition, proven afterwards by patents' publication by Sony (of a double GPU "elite gaming" machine)

It is more likely we could get a double- GPU "elite" version of the PS5 for holidays 2023/Spring 2024 for a price of 699€

People are not going to pay $700 for a console.

You not remember the massive backlash at the $599 PS3 price?

If they postponed GT 7 until beginning of 2022 to lump it in with the PS5 pro and VR..... I'd be in.

...under the assumption that they gave us some more updates for GTS and some more carrots for GT7. After watching plenty of youtube.com videos of Iracing, and switching to cockpit view of Gran Turismo very recently, I'm all in.

I agree,
Polyphony Digital should make GTsport a bit more "alive" for the Time we still have to wait for GT7
(with a few new cars and maybe one new track, some new GT League races)

Bump this thread up....

I still have not gotten the PS5...
Enjoying GT7 on my PS4 Pro and the sim rig, fine by me...

I am just wondering if the VR2 can be hooked up to the PS4 Pro, I can't see why not...

But if the bean counters says it is more profitable to make the VR2 exclusive to the PS5 (Pro) then, that would be the only reason for me to get the PS5 (Pro)...

Sony should not force us in upgrading...iMHO

Bump this thread up....

I am just wondering if the VR2 can be hooked up to the PS4 Pro, I can't see why not...

But if the bean counters says it is more profitable to make the VR2 exclusive to the PS5 (Pro) then, that would be the only reason for me to get the PS5 (Pro)...

Last I saw there is no real news of the PS VR 2 - other than intended specs.
Nothing has been mentioned regarding GT7 and VR at all from what I have seen either
Aaaand no real news on a PS5 Pro either...

Based on how much of a waste of time VR was on GT Sport - IF they add it to GT7, I would expect that it would only be on PS5

Last edited:
Bump this thread up....

the VR2 won’t work with PS4 or PS4 Pro, it’ll be PS5 only (and likely PC at some point)

Sure about that statement in brackets? Just a suspicion or was there a hint by Sony?
Nothing official but PC is becoming a big part of theit strategy.

Even if there’s nothing authorised, people managed to get the original PSVR working with PC. This sequel should be easier in theory, with only one USB cable for connection.

Resident evil village will get vr support with psvr2 oct 28 and will also launch with resident evil 4 remake only on ps5 not any of ps4 models they can’t handle it, hopefully added to gt7 as well but will proably only be on ps5

This is a simple question which may contain its answer and my opinion in it;

but I'd actually like to open a focus on that subject for several reasons.

621131-psvrdino.jpg

First of all : Why GT7 alongside PS-VR2 ?

Gran Turismo Sport in VR is brilliant.

You have to remember that when Gran Turismo Sport was released
the Virtual Reality was introduced as a revolutionary feature for a racing game,
and worked brilliantly when I tested it at a FNAC store during december 2017.

I never bought a VR mask because I ve always found it too expensive, and liked better buying
a Videoprojector for a wider and multiple use.

What I'm telling here is that Polyphony Digital has now his own expertise to develop their game with a VR feature,
and for Sony it is now a "must" for their PS5 games' roster.

1200-L-jeux-vido.jpg

Secondly : WHEN ?

Not during 2021.

Jim Ryan from Sony has already clearly confirmed that there will be no PSVR2 neither this year nor in 2021
and he simply gave as info for the future, on the subject: "We believe that will happen at some point given…"

And here is his statement on the Washington Post: "Sales were slowing down in 2020." for the PS4
"There are currently no public plans for a specific PS5 headset."

However also said :

"Sony believes in virtual reality and we are confident that at some point in the future,
virtual reality will be a significant component of interactive entertainment.
"

So there, this is a Jim Ryan's classic move saying there isn't for now but there will be,
because there is actually work in progress for the PSVR2 on PS5, but what he says is
that there is yet no official plan to release it during the coming 2021 year.

gran-turismo-7-trailer-screenshots.jpg

Thirdly : Is it Right or Wrong ?

Or... would you like a great or a rushed Gran Turismo 7 ?

Many times GT7 has been rumoured as a day one or launch window game for the PS5,
lately it's even been corrected from "first half of 2021" to a bold "2021 Playstation exclusive".

There has never been a precise and official release date for the game, because these variations are
actually the results of what Polyphony Digital and Sony want and need to put in Gran Turismo 7.

"No News, Good News !"
is a french proverb.

Both the facts that there isn't still any release date Sony slowly and discreetly scheduling future
consoles and accessories is actually a good news for what we might have in GT7.
Because the more time PD takes to work on GT7 the better it will be as a game.

It may be a good thing that PD works on the VR features for Gran Turismo 7 because in the past,
that's exactly what made Gran Turismo Sport looked that beautifull especially on the PS4 pro.

But for now, it is wrong for us players waiting for any pieces of news.

gran-turismo-7-trailer-screenshots.jpg

Fourthly : When then ?! (sorry)

Talking about schedule we enter a tricky discussion and Sony knows it more and more clearly.

Jim Ryan said earlier that we shouldn't expect PS-VR2 during the year 2021,
but I do think and reading his mind that they are actually working to release it for winter 2022, almost
for the PS5's second birthday.

And furthermore we could easily expect a "PS5 Pro" for the PS5's third birthday.
(honestly I have no proof of it, only lines I've been reading telling that a more powerfull PS5 deluxe version's
progress is well advanced)

WHY ? Because people at Sony are really troubled by the fact that PS4's VR is difficult to run on the PS5,
and also because it's already been said that PS-VR2 will work with some haptic elements in the mask
and 3D sound in the headphones.

WCCFgranturismo72.jpg

Gran Turismo 7 would be the perfect game to introduce the PS-VR2 on the PS5.

Can you imagine the perfect bundle PS5 + PS-VR2 + Gran Turismo 7 for Christmas 2022 !?
that'd be such a melee to get a hand on it ! But probably won't happen that way.

In the meantime waiting for Gran Turismo 7, I wish you all keep enjoying Gran Turismo Sport,
try to get a hand patiently on the PS5 as I do.

And wish you all a merry christmas 2020 ! Be safe !

Tricky_Vega
I was so ****ing right for PSVR2, but GT7 released earlier ⭐😁

Latest Posts

Back