Will I be able to transfer GT7 data from PS4 to PS5?

• Thread starter rronak95
  • 14 comments
United States
texas
boager
Hey all,

I purchased the GT7 deluxe edition and will be playing it on my PS4, as I do not own a PS5. The Digital Deluxe edition contains a copy for both PS4 and PS5.

Will I be able to transfer my save data for GT7 to PS5 when I purchase one?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've thought about this too, and I imagine since the game saves online, in theory, you should be able to pick right up where you left off. Just a guess though. Providing you use the same ID.

Last edited:
MMX
I've thought about this too, and I imagine since the game saves online, in theory, you should be able to pick right up where you left off. Just a guess though. Providing you use the same ID.
I would hope so!

If it works the same as Genshin Impact you will be able to pickup your game on the PS5 exactly where you were on the PS4.

I transferred over and it picked my game up at the exact same point and if I go back to Ps4 it retains the progress.

The way I anticipate it will work is your save is actually on PD side so when it connects to the server it will link to the game save on there and if you need to it'll prompt you to confirm you want to contunue on that game save when you load the game on PS5.

Hey all,

I purchased the GT7 deluxe edition and will be playing it on my PS4, as I do not own a PS5. The Digital Deluxe edition contains a copy for both PS4 and PS5.

Thanks!
I wouldn't base any decision on keeping your copy, etc. until you see official word as to whether this is the case or not. ....unless someone can enlighten us with a confirmation.

Having said that, I agree with @Racing_Miku that since the saves will be online and connected through your Playstation Network Account, the answer will be yes. I suspect that regardless if you're playing the PS4 copy of the game or the PS5 version, you will tap into this account to port access all your stuff, stats, etc.

Again, just because we think that will be the case doesn't necessarily make it so.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can go from ps4 to ps5 then back to ps4?I use my ps4 pro upstairs if my wife is watching something downstairs,mostly im on ps5 but sometimes its nice to kick back on the bed upstairs and fire up the ps4.

Hey all,

Thanks!
yes, but only your liveries and online carrier stats. not your credits, cars or arcade level etc.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can go from ps4 to ps5 then back to ps4?I use my ps4 pro upstairs if my wife is watching something downstairs,mostly im on ps5 but sometimes its nice to kick back on the bed upstairs and fire up the ps4.
i think as long as you use the same account for both consoles, it should work fine

yes, but only your liveries and online carrier stats. not your credits, cars or arcade level etc.
Sorry to revive this thread but...

What? Really? Can anyone confirm that my credits and cars I EARNED on my PS4 will be absent when I transfer to the PS5?

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that my credits and cars I EARNED on my PS4 will be absent when I transfer to the PS5?
They won't. Same account = same savegame, no matter which console version loads it from PD's server.

Sorry to revive this thread but...

What? Really? Can anyone confirm that my credits and cars I EARNED on my PS4 will be absent when I transfer to the PS5?
No, because it isn't true.

You can literally switch between PS4 and PS5 and back on a minute to minute basis. Your game save will transfer with you.

But trophies does not transfer between versions, so you have to redo trophies if you want to have one or both versions "complete". As far as I know there are one or more trophies ralated to the menu books you will be unable to achieve on both versions since they can only be achieved once during game progress.

But trophies does not transfer between versions, so you have to redo trophies if you want to have one or both versions "complete". As far as I know there are one or more trophies ralated to the menu books you will be unable to achieve on both versions since they can only be achieved once during game progress.
This is true but they are aware and have it listed as a known issue so I expect it'll get sorted soon enough.

Back