Will I Have To Start Over?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dude?
  • 6 comments
  • 728 views
Messages
103
Ok so here's the deal. I was "in" my Lancia dark blue Stratos. It was modded, so I sold it because I wanted it stock (before this, I bought the same car from myself to return it to stock form, then sell the modded one). Since I was in the car and sold it, I wasn't in a car afterward. Then, I clicked "Get In" on the one I just bought from myself. Then this notice popped up and said something like "the status of this (garage or memory card) has changed. Do you want to save?" So I clicked yes, thinking I would get into my stock Stratos and all would be well. It started to save when the icon popped up, then the screen did that jumpy thing that it normally does when there's alot going on on-screen...and it froze. I eventually reset my game; I'd get to "Auto-load" and it freezes, again, just before it would seemingly move on to the intro movie. So my question, will I have to start over or can I copy my data (it's all still there, I checked my card) to another memory card to fix it? I haven't seen the words "your data's been corrupted" or whatever it would say. I also haven't tried loading stuff to any other game. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
Yes. Your savegame is borked.
 
'Borked' hey? Well if that's a word, he's no doubt right. Sorry for your loss Dude?
 
Well, I've already done so...I'm golding all of my licenses before I do anything else to get some free cars. I'm almost tempted to see how long I can go without buying a car, but that'd be kind of pointless. I'm just trying to look at this as a good thing; get more A-spec pts. in the early races (since I'm now not as bad as I used to be); start fresh in my attempts to max out my B-spec pts. (I don't think I'd have been able to the way I did before); and play the whole game with MT (rather than before, how I started using MT after 75%). I'm not that worried about it. And also, most of the DMs will be a breeze ('cept maybe DM34, which ironically, I'd just passed the same day I screwed up my game save). I've at least been lucky enough to be able to keep my replays (like that of DM34). So yeah... </ramble>
 
Back