Will iRacing ever update?

• Thread starter Devilb0y
  • 7 comments
United States
New York
Devilb0yAce
I've that most other "sims" update their car roster, but iracing still has a bunch of outdated cars, eg: Corvette, Ford GT, Mustang, CTS-V, Mclaren 12C. I know a bunch of new cars have been added lately, and I'm not complaining just like to see newer cars in other sims in iracing.

Since Iracing goes so much more in depth with things like laser scanning and getting data from the race teams adding new cars and updating old ones is a lot more of a process. With all the cars they have now the only ones that are outdated really are the ones you listed and maybe a couple more.

They have been busy getting dirt ready to go so I'm sure that's been their main focus as of now.

iRacing is in a constant state of update. Every quarter is an update. The updates are more than surface level. I know it's cliche and makes me sound "fanboyish" but it comes down to quality over Quantity. The next new fangled car or track or graphical texture is one thing but pair it with Math and physics and things hit a whole new level of difficulty.

Actually, I see lots of graphical updates all the time. Just by reading the release notes with each quarterly build and occasionally mid season patches.

Do me one favor and go back to the PR memo on the Ferrari 488 and keep track of it and anything that happens to that vehicle up until it's release and possible patches following it's release in the probably distant future. You'll only find showboating when there is actual material to be said.

And if you're feeling feisty, find a car that has been released in the last year or two and follow it's quarterly updates. You'll probably find miniscule details that you probably would have said, "They really found a need to fix that?" Along with BoP and Tire model adjustments.

Edit: After rereading that post I realized that I sound almost frustrated. But honestly I read every quarterly release and actually find it entertaining.

Also noticed that Silverstone is outdated, any other tracks?
Chicagoland, Talladega, Auto Club, and Watkins Glen are the most outdated IMO (Not so much Auto Club though). But as previously stated, it is worth the wait because the end product is so good.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Lime rock is too. (Speculation) iRacing would probably have to hire a whole new team just to keep up with these tracks.

Chicagoland, Talladega, Auto Club, and Watkins Glen are the most outdated IMO (Not so much Auto Club though). But as previously stated, it is worth the wait because the end product is so good.
I supposed those tracks have been repaved? Silverstone got a whole new layout.

Back