Will iRacing run on my PC?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by ImMano99, Jun 15, 2020.

1. ImMano99

ImMano99

Hey,

there is this systemrequirements labs website where you can check whether the game can go on your PC.
    I have currently a PS4 but having tried iRacing in the past on others computers, I am highly tempted to go back onto it.

As there is no free trial, I would like to give it a shot on my laptop before deciding whether i jump into it. I can get the 3months for 5$.

My computer seems to meet every requirements, except for the RAM. I have 8gb and it needs 16gb.

will it work though? or will I just waste 5$ on a game that won't even open itself.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Daz555

Daz555

Your specs would be helpful.

As for the RAM though. As long as your system is well optimised (not full of tons of crap loading at startup and eating memory) then 8GB will run iRacing just fine. My sim rig is hooked up to an old gaming PC but it handles iRacing and Assetto Corsa with no issues:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (6 cores)
    GPU: nVidia GTX 1050Ti @ 1440P
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
    Disk: 240GB SATA 2 SSD
    Display: 50" Samsung LED.

With only 8GB though iRacing may fail to load some of the newer tracks if you don't have your Windows page file set large enough (you want to set it at at least 4GB).

ImMano99 likes this.
  3. ImMano99

ImMano99

Ok thanks man for those great tips.
    I will look deeper in some PC. I realised iRacing doesn't call for a great setup but still a little decent one so I'll try and get a cheap version somewhere :)