Will iRacing run on my PC?

• Thread starter ImMano99
  • 3 comments
France
France
Hey,

there is this systemrequirements labs website where you can check whether the game can go on your PC.
I have currently a PS4 but having tried iRacing in the past on others computers, I am highly tempted to go back onto it.

As there is no free trial, I would like to give it a shot on my laptop before deciding whether i jump into it. I can get the 3months for 5$.

My computer seems to meet every requirements, except for the RAM. I have 8gb and it needs 16gb.

will it work though? or will I just waste 5$ on a game that won't even open itself.

Thanks in advance :)

Your specs would be helpful.

As for the RAM though. As long as your system is well optimised (not full of tons of crap loading at startup and eating memory) then 8GB will run iRacing just fine. My sim rig is hooked up to an old gaming PC but it handles iRacing and Assetto Corsa with no issues:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (6 cores)
GPU: nVidia GTX 1050Ti @ 1080P
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
Disk: 240GB SATA 2 SSD
Display: 50" Samsung LED.

With only 8GB though iRacing may fail to load some of the newer tracks if you don't have your Windows page file set large enough (you want to set it at at least 4GB).

Last edited:
Ok thanks man for those great tips.
I will look deeper in some PC. I realised iRacing doesn't call for a great setup but still a little decent one so I'll try and get a cheap version somewhere :)

I’m running it really well on a system cobbled together from decommissioned server parts.

2x Xeon 5670’s, 48GB of RAM, and an old R9 290. Running at 1080p with most graphics settings cranked up.

Back