Will n class bops ever get balanced?

• Thread starter Pururut
  • 21 comments
Greece
Greece
As far as i know n class bops are untouched since the game release. However current bops are quite unbalanced and some cars are lacking so badly while some cars are dominating. Will this ever going to change? Or pd simply dont give a damn about n class cars?

I'm sure they care because they do adjust cars. Maybe Gr.# more than N class.

I haven't taken notice of the BOP until trialing N300 cars. It's so bad. I wonder if they have anyone testing these cars. Doesn't make sense they way it is.

Performance points PP was a great option in the last GT games , it wasn't perfect but a lot more balanced fair way to level any kind of road car with no downforce. It also have the advantage to not increase the weight of some cars just like today in GTS. This is a really stupid way to add the weight of an entire family in a shelby cobra .
I think PD could ask the help of the comunity to do this kind of job too , i'm sure that a small selection of reliable gt players could do this job in a couple of weeks and let this thing almost perfect.

Depends. N-classes on the whole are neglected by sport mode, unless they are one-make races. If they were used more, the performance imbalance will get noticed more.

Did an N500 race today and was reminded at how OP the Ferrari 458 is. Did a race a week or two back at Bathurst and watched it walk away from my Audi R8 down the straight. Might as well have been in a different class.

I heard that the AI was used to establish BoP originally, which explains a lot. Max Revs every shift is not the optimum for speed on many cars, yet the BoP is judged at full revs, for example. Fuel consumption too. Remember how broken the GR4 Bmw was for months, before it got fixed? This explains that and there are other cars like it now, still not fixed.

The free resource of all of us passionate fans of the game here on GTPlanet, could easily be used to sort it out, but we are not.

Sadly, the N class will never get balanced due to the basis of horsepower. And obviously the more modern cars get the advantage over the older ones (except the GT40...) no matter how much balancing one makes.

The GT3 RS is a monster in each class it competes (N400-N700). I'm an avid user of it, I gotta admit. But if there's an option to limit cars in lobbies, I will definitely give that car the ban hammer alongside the GT40, F40, LaFerrari, Amuse S2K, the Homologation Specials, and the S-FR Racing Concept.

I think at the very least, PD will need to collect more data before doing any balancing, and I think what makes it difficult is how there's more N-series cars typically being added in every update. Contrast this with how the other groups don't have new additions nearly as much. I think that we'll see more N-series BoP updates when there are no more N-series cars being added - whenever that is.

As far as i know n class bops are untouched since the game release. However current bops are quite unbalanced and some cars are lacking so badly while some cars are dominating. Will this ever going to change? Or pd simply dont give a damn about n class cars?

Sadly your right and BOP for the N-class has been untouched since the game released.
I don't see this ever changing because for one they keep adding more & more N-class cars in this game and at this point they are so far behind doing a correct BOP that it would take more time than PD is willing to invest for a category they simply don't give a damn about in GTS.
PD is just paddling the car roster with cars they have no intention on ever doing anything with.

Sadly your right and BOP for the N-class has been untouched since the game released.
Well, that’s not entirely true, because they fixed a problem where when you switched on the BoP in some cases (Alfa 4C, S-FR Racing), the car’s power would be restricted below the limit for the respective N-class, and thus rendering the car ineligible for the class required for the race. They fixed that.

But the rest has been unchanged. Actually I think a BoP would be achievable, but custom gearing has to be part of it, as otherwise some cars cannot be used at all. In my opinion they should automatically set the gearing appropriately for each BoP. They seem to be doing something like that for the FIA races, because I remember seeing a C3 Corvette in a race at Fuji and that would have run into the limiter halfway down the straight.

In one year, PD hasn't even managed to balance the Gr.3 class, which is the bread & butter of GT Sport. Do you really think they would ever or could ever balance the N class?

Well, that’s not entirely true, because they fixed a problem where when you switched on the BoP in some cases (Alfa 4C, S-FR Racing), the car’s power would be restricted below the limit for the respective N-class, and thus rendering the car ineligible for the class required for the race. They fixed that.

But the rest has been unchanged. Actually I think a BoP would be achievable, but custom gearing has to be part of it, as otherwise some cars cannot be used at all. In my opinion they should automatically set the gearing appropriately for each BoP. They seem to be doing something like that for the FIA races, because I remember seeing a C3 Corvette in a race at Fuji and that would have run into the limiter halfway down the straight.

That glitch still remains on Dodge Charger Hellcat. Its n600 bop actually belongs to n700 so you cant use it when bop on.

In one year, PD hasn't even managed to balance the Gr.3 class, which is the bread & butter of GT Sport. Do you really think they would ever or could ever balance the N class?

Sadly but true.

I run a street car series using different N-classes and BOP. To overcome the discrepancies we have a tyre compound rule.
If you win 3 races in a particular car, its tyre compound then drops (eg Sports soft, after 3 wins, sports medium)
Each driver has a 'garage' of 6 cars to pick from to cover all available classes and so for the example given above by @RCKakashi14 the drivers who like using the porsche will find that after the initial 3 race phase of domination, they get brought back to the pack and the racing is more equal.

I doubt it, but that's what happens when you mix varying types of cars into one category. It just doesn't work, it certainly doesn't help that they prohibit tuning on the competitive side of the game either. They need to introduce divisions like Forza Motorsport has done if they want a chance at balancing the road cars.

For a category with 34 cars, it's balanced pretty well atm.

Last edited:
It is but for whatever reason the mcLaren and Ferrari are borderline useless and have been for eons.

They are never going to get it absolutely perfect with that many cars. I have barely used those cars outside of the circuit experience challenges but there are probably people around here who wouldn't call them useless.

It is but for whatever reason the mcLaren and Ferrari are borderline useless and have been for eons.

The update changes that. Although, the McLaren was pretty good at Dragon tail and the Nordschliefe before.

As for the N-class. If BoP had some adjust-ability, it wouldn't be so bad. Unfortunately, people don't seem to like having heavy cars, so they just run N-class open with nothing to balance it out. Looking through the servers, BoP rooms are greatly outnumbered by rooms where there is no BoP in place.

I doubt it, but that's what happens when you mix varying types of cars into one category. It just doesn't work, it certainly doesn't help that they prohibit tuning on the competitive side of the game either. They need to introduce divisions like Forza Motorsport has done if they want a chance at balancing the road cars.

^ This.

Like, an S-FR Racing Concept dominating a field of sports sedans and coupes? Or a GT3 RS slaying luxury coupes of N500? Who would want that?

They'd also have to be thrown into different categories based on era or decade, so stuff like Classic Muscle, 90's Sports Coupes, Modern Luxury/GT, while stuff like the S-FR Racing Concept, Honda Project 2&4 and X-Bow get tossed into a "Track Toys" category, etc.

Back