Will offline progression be focused on more in future GT games?

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 0 comments

Darren.

Vroom Vroom
Premium
United Kingdom
Limbo
TurboV16
TurboV16
One thing that has been really bugging me in many recent racing games is the fact that I am given a high end super car literally right off the bat. GT6 isn't guilty of this, don't get me wrong but the progression to get to these higher end cars was a lot quicker in GT6 than I had found in previous Gran Turismo games. For instance, GT4 took me at least a week to get a decently high end car, which was the sweet spot for progression as I really felt like the hard work I had put in had paid off in getting that car. In GT6 I managed to get a Ferrari on day one.

Also I wasn't a fan of the very linear progression line found in GT6, it felt like it was aimed more for the casual audience rather than the hardcore here. The open progression has been in the GT series since the very beginning and I think many fans prefer this over the linear, star based system found in GT6.

So my question is this: "Will offline progression be focused on more in future GT games?". Online is the bigger thing nowadays, I fully understand this but the concept of single player progression should not be forgotten. If we had a more open, longer and more challenging progression system aimed towards the hardcore GT fans, PD would please those hardcore fans and take a step towards making a game which is for the fans.

Back