Will PD launch a Gran Turismo without Deep Forest, Grand Valley and co ?

• Thread starter fggnb
  • 21 comments
South Korea
South Korea
Hello drivers.

There is still no trace of traditional GT tracks. Seattle, SSR11, SSR5, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring or Grand Valley could be absent of GT Sport. From your point of view, would it be a shame and a terrible lack or just a necessary fresh start for the serie ?

Some of the tracks I could deal without, but I definitely feel a good selection should remain, such as Apricot Hill, Grand Valley and Mid-Field. My choices for these tracks is due to them being more resembling of a traditional race track. If they aren't included in launch, I do hope that they come back as future DLC!

After GTS was announced and the concept explained, I was hoping for a completely fresh start for the series. Some of the old tracks were nice but a game full of fresh and new ideas is quite appealing to me. I was hoping the FIA connection would lead to some creativity in track creation but I'm not really impressed with what I've seen so far. The scenery is nice, the tracks are boring, and the ability to fly over the curbs makes them even less appealing.

After GTS was announced and the concept explained, I was hoping for a completely fresh start for the series. Some of the old tracks were nice but a game full of fresh and new ideas is quite appealing to me. I was hoping the FIA connection would lead to some creativity in track creation but I'm not really impressed with what I've seen so far. The scenery is nice, the tracks are boring, and the ability to fly over the curbs makes them even less appealing.

Dragon trail is legit one of the best fantasy tracks in the franchise.

Dragon Trail is a less good Apricot Hill.

Don't get me wrong, it's easily the best fantasy track we've yet experienced on PS4. But with two ovals and Tokyo to be compared to, it's got a fairly low bar to clear.

It certainly seems like the GT holy trinity of tracks won't be included in Sport. It's a little sad: there will be no options for those looking to run the same car/track combo across all the games to show the series' progression.

Sure, after the awful original tracks from the PS3 era, Dragon Trail is amazing.
So, no JDMs, no career mode as we know it and probably no legendary original tracks like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest...
Too much for me:P

Edit : too late

Not IMO. I'm not a fan of glass smooth surfaces, walls close to the track surface nor a fan of tracks that don't seem to have a good mix of corners. It's pretty though.

I like Dragon Trail, to me feels very much like a GT track, and pieces of it remind me of old tracks.

I would miss Grand Valley though. I consider that my home track, from way back when I'd time trial with my uncle, and cousin. They were Trial Mountain fans. Just so happened, they live on a hill, and I live in a low area, so it was very fitting.

I also think that Dragon Trail is the best original track in GT Sport but less good than older tracks, too many straight lines in my opinion. Tokyo is not very interesting technically but GT needs that kind of freeway track. Dragon Trail and the two dirt tracks show that PD didn't forget to implement fictional content so it's a good point.

13 playable tracks are confirmed so far so there are still 6 tracks to discover. Maybe surprises like an original track ( remember the Seattle bug at London event ) or Pikes Peak.

Not IMO. I'm not a fan of glass smooth surfaces, walls close to the track surface nor a fan of tracks that don't seem to have a good mix of corners. It's pretty though.

It's a great track for racing and decent for time trialing. It does remind me of Apricot Hill but maybe less challenging with a lot of overtaking places. It also catches even the most experienced racers out which is a characteristic I love in tracks.

It's a great track for racing and decent for time trialing. It does remind me of Apricot Hill but maybe less challenging with a lot of overtaking places. It also catches even the most experienced racers out which is a characteristic I love in tracks.
We must have different ideas for what makes great tracks for racing and time trialing. The glass smooth surface would pretty much rule it out as a fun time trialing track for me because the surface, and to me therefore the whole track, lacks character and personality. One of the reasons I like the tracks in AC so much is that the laser scanning offers up so much subtlety and nuance that it gives endless replayability. No two laps feel exactly the same because the surfaces are so well modeled. Slight mistakes take you to parts of the track you aren't familiar with and you can feel and react to the different surface texture and levels of grip. Even Zandvoort, which isn't laser scanned, still retains that same character that the laser scanned versions do because it seems they modeled all the character of the track even without the scanning. It's as bumpy as can be and as bumpy as I imagine the real track to be.

Dragon Trail looks to me like a track made on the course maker tool, but with better scenery. I get no sense of personality or character in the layout at all.

I wonder if the FIA license thing has something to do with ruling out some tracks.

By the way, the newly pavimented tracks usually have "glass smooth surfaces", and I think replayability just depends if yo ulike racing games or not, nothing to do with the tracks surface.

I wonder if the FIA license thing has something to do with ruling out some tracks.

By the way, the newly pavimented tracks usually have "glass smooth surfaces", and I think replayability for me just depends if yo ulike racing games or not, nothing to do with the tracks surface.
Fixed that for you.

A GT game without Grand Valley isn't a GT !
For SSR5, Trial Mountain, Autumn Ring, Tokyo R246,... they'll be back in GT7 I don't worry about it !

Hello drivers.

There is still no trace of traditional GT tracks. Seattle, SSR11, SSR5, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring or Grand Valley could be absent of GT Sport. From your point of view, would it be a shame and a terrible lack or just a necessary fresh start for the serie ?

They have the best fantasy tracks they need to redo it so that it will look pretty. I am sure some of them will be there sooner or later

Screenshot_2017-06-29-16-28-10.png

i saw this during the unveiling at copperbox but there were no other news or pictures about Seattle. also in the car and track list thread there isn't. I don't know if it was deleted or what. It would be an incredible return, it was one of my favorites circuit.

My 2 cents on fantasy track surfaces... Personally, I would much rather have smooth track surfaces on the fantasy tracks than GT1-GT2 track surfaces. Anyone remember the last curve at Red Rock Valley? I don't know about anyone else, but the bumps on that curve made driving on the apex a real hassle for me. I think PD's tracks have come a long way since then, in the sense that it's become much easier to drive on the apex.

View attachment 657184
i saw this during the unveiling at copperbox but there were no other news or pictures about Seattle. also in the car and track list thread there isn't. I don't know if it was deleted or what. It would be an incredible return, it was one of my favorites circuit.
That is very... interesting. Maybe Seattle wasn't looking good enough to be shown. It could also have been a teaser, and maybe they're waiting for a better time to properly announce the return of Seattle. Or perhaps some funny guy at PD was messing with us. I guess only time will tell.

Back