Will Polyphony ever come back to GT6?

United States
North Carolina
dinosaur202
I've been wondering this because we were promised VGTs (some finished (Hyundai, Bugatti) some not) and there was supposed to be a new Toyota coming to GT6, I know they are still updating seasonal events, but nothing else, our last update for GT6 was in November 2015, which is not a good sign... :nervous:

PDI is focusing on GTSport so no more updates on GT6.
So basically they told us a huge lie... :mad: What a rip off... Well GTS better be good offline, and not just a bunch of cars driving in a line... because PS+ is expensive, and it's needed to play online on the PS4. :grumpy:

EDIT: I just realized that means R.I.P cruising. :mad:

So basically they told us a huge lie... :mad: What a rip off... Well GTS better be good offline, and not just a bunch of cars driving in a line... because PS+ is expensive, and it's needed to play online on the PS4. :grumpy:

EDIT: I just realized that means R.I.P cruising. :mad:
Relax it is going to be just fine.

Now that GT Sport won't be coming out until next year, PD should put someone back to work on GT6 to give us some sort of update. In my opinion, it would be a show of good faith and an apology for the long delay. Granted, I don't expect it to happen, but it would definitely be in their best interests to do so. As it stands, the future of PD and the Gran Turismo legacy is a little shaky and many are leaving because of the false promises and lack of communication between the GT Faithful and PD.
Personally, I won't be rushing out to get GT Sport. I'm gonna read reviews and see how the folks here like it before I make the decision to stay with the franchise or find something else.

Now that GT Sport won't be coming out until next year, PD should put someone back to work on GT6 to give us some sort of update. In my opinion, it would be a show of good faith and an apology for the long delay. Granted, I don't expect it to happen, but it would definitely be in their best interests to do so. As it stands, the future of PD and the Gran Turismo legacy is a little shaky and many are leaving because of the false promises and lack of communication between the GT Faithful and PD.
Personally, I won't be rushing out to get GT Sport. I'm gonna read reviews and see how the folks here like it before I make the decision to stay with the franchise or find something else.
I have the same sentiments. The only time I expect an adequate update is when polyphony puts GT6 in "last rites" mode. Gran Tursimo is still the company's bread and butter, but they're current trying to expand their base (all the while spreading themselves too thin). So in short, the next gt6 update is gt7.

I wondered the same thing dinosaur202. There's still a few special slots in the VGT section and I know that Buggati made the special Chiron Gran Turismo for a customer and have been touting out at car events this summer. I would have thought that they could at least release that one. Aston Martin came out with the Vulcan which would be ace to see in the game.

No, they didn't finish GT5, they're not going to finish GT6 and they can't release GTSport. As far as I'm concerned the brand died after the failure of GT5.

Yes ofcourse they will come back to GT6. I can guarantee you that 100%, but no updates.
When theyll announce when the GT6 servers will be shut down...
Technically they are still "going back" to GT6 by updating the seasonals and quick matches. Other than that, I wouldn't expect any major updates.

I think our best hope is that all the VGT content gets ported to GTS and that they continue the VGTs with same day release of content for GT6 and GTS.

I mean this is the strangest sort of thing I ever seen... they leave all these empty manufacturers slots in GT6 that we expect content for and its coming up to 18 months and without a doubt TWO YEARS from the last VGT to the next one?

Who does that?

Oh right. Polyphony.

Back