Will Polyphony will reschedule today’s Manufacturer’s Cup due to server issues?

• Thread starter moby323
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
There is a widespread problem right now with races in sport mode getting stuck at the loading screen. This happened to me four out of the last five races I’ve entered.

I’m not sure, but I believe that disconnecting once I got stuck on the lobby loading screen for several minutes has affected my DR. Did anyone else noticed their DR drop as well?

Do you guys think they will reschedule the manufacturers cup race? Because right now, obviously, if you can’t load into the race you have to wait an hour or two hours until you can try again.

Lastly, for some reason I don’t have issues with Race A. Just B, C, and the cup race.

Last edited:
They’ll likely just invalidate the points for anyone who did race, and move on to the next round like it never happened.

On the off-chance they don't just cancel this round, I'll try the noon CDT slot as I froze out at the qualifying screen at 11 am, requiring a game restart. I did notice when I restarted that I got a Wheel of Despair ticket during practice that I hadn't collected, so I collected that. I can't say I noticed any DR hit, though I was at 1 bar with a D rating.

On the off-chance they don't just cancel this round, I'll try the noon CDT slot as I froze out at the qualifying screen at 11 am, requiring a game restart. I did notice when I restarted that I got a Wheel of Despair ticket during practice that I hadn't collected, so I collected that. I can't say I noticed any DR hit, though I was at 1 bar with a D rating.
You think they’ll cancel it?

Have they ever had to cancel a round before?

Yep....loading screen for 7 minutes now in the 1300 slot for NA. I doubt it's going to go. It has happened before, and the people that got in, the points got wiped and the round dropped. That was.....Last winter? February time frame? Any one check me on this?

Yep....loading screen for 7 minutes now in the 1300 slot for NA. I doubt it's going to go. It has happened before, and the people that got in, the points got wiped and the round dropped. That was.....Last winter? February time frame? Any one check me on this?

I tried to participate at 1700 and 1900 and both times I could register and was happy to get past the Warm-up... to get frozen and to be shown the beautiful scenery at Dragon Trail. Damn! Anything else works good as usual. It is a pity and a new attempt for this round would be great If they get their things solved...

I tried to participate at 1700 and 1900 and both times I could register and was happy to get past the Warm-up... to get frozen and to be shown the beautiful scenery at Dragon Trail. Damn! Anything else works good as usual. It is a pity and a new attempt for this round would be great If they get their things solved...
I usually get stuck at that scenery screen, but the race does start sometimes even though it takes literally like 3 minutes staring at that screen.

But other times the race has never started and eventually it crashes.

From what I gather, if the race never launches then you don’t lose DR, but if some drivers were able to get in and race, quitting makes you lose DR.
Yes, went through qualifications with hiccups, performed the manufacturer's music startup, showed the cars on the front row and then poof . . . back at the sign in screen showing me the next race and down DR.

Last edited:
Last season there were issues with a Toyota GT Cup race left hanging and not connecting to the race itself. PD put out on Twitter - Never to be called X - that there was no problem at their end and that was it.

Any chance there's been any official statement about this situation? Since I couldn't get in from loading, I gave up. I'm hoping they invalidate the round and we move on like it never happened.

Any chance there's been any official statement about this situation? Since I couldn't get in from loading, I gave up. I'm hoping they invalidate the round and we move on like it never happened.
There has not, which is really frustrating. And their twitter account posted multiple unrelated announcements yesterday, but never even mentioned or acknowledged the server issues

Last season there were issues with a Toyota GT Cup race left hanging and not connecting to the race itself. PD put out on Twitter - Never to be called X - that there was no problem at their end and that was it.
Seems like you would have achieved your goal by just saying Twitter. Now I'm reminded that the official name actually is X

There has not, which is really frustrating. And their twitter account posted multiple unrelated announcements yesterday, but never even mentioned or acknowledged the server issues
If I remember right their Twitter account is run by a external marketing company, not the devs. Any acknowledgement of the issue would be in the news section of the GT website

I had three great races at Dragon Trail in an orange Mustang. I mean, a white Mustang. Or was it orange? It changed several times.

It rather appears that PD will just ignore the problem, and those of us that were unlucky, get a zero for the round. I shouldn't be surprised, but that still stings.

Reports are coming in that people are also having similar issues with regular daily races. I don't "sweat" Daily Races, but I couldn't reproduce this on Saturday's Manufacturers race or by a test Daily A race yesterday.

Latest Posts

Back