Will the G35 work in the american hall?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kem
  • 20 comments
  • 1,575 views

kem

Messages
17
Ive been avoiding the american hall, as Im not a huge fan of american cars. But I did notice Infiniti is listed as an american make. Will the G35 enter me into the american races (aside from the races that a year sensitive)?

I dont want to spend the money on the car to find it it somehow doesnt qualify.
 
kem
Ive been avoiding the american hall, as Im not a huge fan of american cars. But I did notice Infiniti is listed as an american make. Will the G35 enter me into the american races (aside from the races that a year sensitive)?

I dont want to spend the money on the car to find it it somehow doesnt qualify.

Yes it will. I won a few of the American comps with mine.
 
technically it should.....

also the Ford Focus RS is eligible for the European Hot Hatch race.....
 
flip_kc79
Yeah it should work. It's the american Nissan Skyline.

It's an Infiniti and yes, it will work. I've done it.
 
jimihemmy
technically it should.....

also the Ford Focus RS is eligible for the European Hot Hatch race.....

The real Focus RS is a European car not NA so............
 
JSI
The real Focus RS is a European car not NA so............

Yeah...isn't it built on a completely different chassis? (Not to mention it looks different)
 
The G35 shares the same FM platform in which the 350Z, JDM Skyline, M45, FX35 and FX45 SUVs are using.
 
Why can nissian cram a V-8 in a G35 or a 350Z?
💡
they can use the same one that comes in the murano
 
Ok stupid way off topic question but I hear the G35 is the "American Skyline" which yes it is but here is the question, I hear you are not allowed to own a Nissan Skyline in America. I don't know if it is all makes and model or if it is just the newest ones I mean it may be the body work because I have seen some really bad shots of it smashed up but I don't know. But if it is true, why can't you own a Nissan Skyline in America?
 

Attachments

  • skyline2_1.jpg
    skyline2_1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 17
  • skyline_2_2.jpg
    skyline_2_2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 14
  • skyline1.jpg
    skyline1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
  • skyline_3.jpg
    skyline_3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 17
You can, but you have to import it and have it pass emissions regulations.
 
I thought you can't import cars into america until the are like 30+ years old, good thing its 15 years in canada...
 
TurboRegal
I thought you can't import cars into america until the are like 30+ years old, good thing its 15 years in canada...
Um... no... you can bring anything here, only if it meets the requierments, safty and stuff like that.
 
M3 GTR Race Car
Ok stupid way off topic question but I hear the G35 is the "American Skyline" which yes it is but here is the question, I hear you are not allowed to own a Nissan Skyline in America. I don't know if it is all makes and model or if it is just the newest ones I mean it may be the body work because I have seen some really bad shots of it smashed up but I don't know. But if it is true, why can't you own a Nissan Skyline in America?
I think it's because that Nissan wouldn't do safety tests for the Skylines for the U.S.
 
kyle
I think it's because that Nissan wouldn't do safety tests for the Skylines for the U.S.
NO, from what i heard was that US didn't want it to be sold here, for one main reason. GM, and Ford profits, the Skyline is a very power 4WD car, and it would reduce the number of Corvettes, Mustangs, and other American sport cars. This is the GTR, they stopped making these in 99' along with many other fantastic Japanese cars, such as the 300ZX, Silvia, Supra, 3000GT, and the RX-7. All very fast, and very nice cars. But i read in a article on the auto news, that Nissan is FINALLY shipping the new Skylines to america. The one that looks like the G35 (Nissan owns Infiniti) So when you guys read this, now not the GTR series, they don't make those anymore, its the new coupe Skylines, not as sexy or fast, but it is a Skyline. UK had the same deal, but they DID get the GTR eventually, and we didn't :( damn brits. Anyways i hope you guys understand the concept of te Skyline. And lets just all hope Nissan will re-create the GTR, with the stering wheel on the right side, so we don't have to import them from Euro, or Asia.
 
Vonie
You can, but you have to import it and have it pass emissions regulations.
Let's not forget the fact that even after buying the Skyline, and getting it here, you've already spend tens of thousands of dollars.
 
Back