Will the upcoming update ruin the ability to easily switch between playstations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 2 comments
  • 716 views
Messages
1,210
Australia
Sydney
I have 2 playstations I play gt5 on.
I don't have multilple accounts or do any duping etc, I just like the ability to carry a usb and continue my profile at the other playstation without having to haul around your whole single playstation like you did before 1.05.
I now hear the new update will only allow you to backup your save once significant progress has been made. I am not sure what exactly this means but it apparently came right from kaz. I pressume its to limit duping.

Up until now continuing your save at a new location was easy. I hope this new development doesnt not make this impossible.

A few other things worth mentioning.

Its quiete easy to use the playstation which does not have the latest save sometimes to play around a little (eg some online racing) before doing any signifcant progress on your latest up to date save. I wonder if this registers are tampering or duping in the PD servers as you have older and newer saves constanly alternating and connecting to the servers at various stages of progress.

I dont think I have made a mistake so far in continuing my latest save at the current playsyation I am on, however I have noticed weird things like cars un installing tuned parts many days and countless saves after it was done. You dont get your money back either.

Do you think this is related to the saves messing up somehow with the online servers?

And another weird thing just happend tonight. I logged in and said you have received the following cars and it re-gave me my stealth cars detuned again with 0km, no money back. Strange.
 
Last edited:
I have 2 playstations I play gt5 on.
I don't have multilple accounts or do any duping etc, I just like the ability to carry a usb and continue my profile at the other playstation without having to haul around your whole single playstation like you did before 1.05.
I now hear the new update will only allow you to backup your save once significant progress has been made. I am not sure what exactly this means but it apparently came right from kaz.

Up until now continuing your save at a new location was easy. I hope this new development doesnt not make this impossible.

A few other things worth mentioning.

Its quiete easy to forget which is the latest save or you may boot the older save playstation sometimes and play around a little there (eg some online racing) before doing any signifcant progress on your other save. I wonder if this registers are tampering or duping in the PD servers as you have older and newer saves constanly alternating and connecting to the servers at various stages of progress.

I dont think I have made a mistake so far in continuing my latest save at the current playsyation I am on, however I have noticed weird things like cars un installing tuned parts many days and countless saves after it was done. You dont get your money back either.

Do you think this is related to the saves messing up somehow with the online servers?

And another weird thing just happend tonight. I logged in and said you have received the following cars and it re-gave me my stealth cars detuned again with 0km, no money back. Strange.

I wouldn't worry about it as not a lot of information has been released yet. If the saves do get removed, worry then. Not very helpful, but thats about the long and short of It.
 
I now hear the new update will only allow you to backup your save once significant progress has been made. I am not sure what exactly this means but it apparently came right from kaz. I pressume its to limit duping.

That was not true. Kaz posted something on twitter in Japanese and some guys friend on here tricked him and told him that is what it said, when it said nothing of the sort.
 
Back