Will there be a splitscreen mode?

• Thread starter Mcjoz88
  • 5 comments
United States
Pennsylvania, U
Mcjoz88
GuitarJozz
With all the news and articles I've read about Horizon, I haven't seen anything mentioned about a splitscreen two player mode. Is there one?

If not, I really wonder why. I love playing with a friend or my brother while sitting in the same room on the same tv. I prefer playing that way over playing online with random people I don't know.

Why this generation of developers and publishers think people only want to play online anymore is ridiculous. I really hope that if it's not included in the game on launch, that they will add it in somehow in an update or patch for the game.

Anyone else think it would be cool to have two player splitscreen in Horizon?

I searched google too, and found conflicting answers, or just no answers at all.

I asked here because I wanted to get a straight answer, and to be sure. I already pre-ordered the game, but I would like to know before hand, because my brother and I would like to play it together, and make up some top gear style challenges and stuff to do other than just cruise around.

Has Randy or Dan, from Playground games and Turn 10 respectively, mentioned anything about local multiplayer, or splitscreen modes?

Reviews, etailers, etc say "local multiplayer"

Well after doing a bit of my own research now that I have some time, I haven't seen any reviews or previews that even mentioned anything about split screen modes, except this one HERE, from xboxaddict.com, which says,

"The final casualty that I was able to glean, not from my gameplay experience but rather from its absence, was the lack of a split-screen mode; multiplayer in Horizon is online only. This will definitely disappoint players who became accustomed to the option in Forza 3 & 4, which were never guaranteed during the development of those games but in the end made the cut thanks to Turn 10's ingenuity and eagerness to please the fans. "In order to support that we would have had to do a lot more degradation to the environment and the graphics that we were comfortable (in) doing, because we want to give people the most beautiful open world that they can possibly get," Knowles explained when asked why it was missing. "There's so much to do online, there's so much to do with rivals and with friends that players can have fun playing by themselves or with friends (online)." Considering just how gorgeous Horizon looks, Knowles' explanation is more than justified, but it's still regrettable for those players whose favorite and/or only way to race with friends is by sitting next to them on the couch."

So, sadly, it looks like there will be no split screen modes in Forza Horizon. Xbox.com confirms, as drivatar stated, that there will be no split-screen mode.

I can understand though, why they've excluded it for this game, due to the limitations of the Xbox 360, and what they'd have to degrade in order for it to work properly, but... it still sucks:(

Back