Will there be an F1 2016 game ?

• Thread starter shoemaker
  • 17 comments
England
sheffield
There is absolutely nothing to suggest that they are making this game, i have checked codemasters social media, the website and blog. Nowhere does it even mention F1 2016. Have they still got the license ? We surely would have had some teasers or snippets of the game by now, Iam not hopeful. Does anybody have any reliable information on the game or is that it for codemasters ?

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that they are making this game, I have checked Codemasters' social media, the website and blog. Nowhere does it even mention F1 2016. Have they still got the license? We surely would have had some teasers or snippets of the game by now, I am not hopeful. Does anybody have any reliable information on the game or is that it for Codemasters?
Though I haven't given it much thought, I would say that another studio could do a better job of an F1 game than Codemasters if they were to take the right angle. Those guys no longer making the F1 games could be a bit of a blessing.

That said, they could just be doing things slightly differently this year and just not making noise yet. I'd say so because F1: 2016 could be in a similar situation to F1: 2012 - where the game was mostly just based on F1: 2011 and so wasn't different enough to warrant much advertising. The game, if it will, comes out at the end of the first quarter of the season - talking off the top of my head. I'd say that if they're not making noise about it by the middle of next month, then chances are that they're not going to be releasing it.

I don't know and haven't heard anything about it, but if they weren't then why go to the efforts they did in making F1 2015?:
"It is the first title developed by Codemasters for the eighth generation consoles."
"This game is made almost completely from scratch after Codemasters decided to base this version on an entirely new game engine, said to dramatically improve both the screen quality and the AI's abilities."

I have F1 2015, but it was the first time in a while I didn't buy it immediately upon release. Having received it for Christmas, the disc has still never left the case...

Quick answer: Yes. Why? Because like many high profile Sports licenses, they are required to make a new title every year.

They usually announce some stuff to do with it and/or show some screenshots around the Melbourne GP, so expect something around then if not a little sooner.

Don't forget, there has been no cars (some liveries though) revealed yet, so they wont have much to show yet.

Pure speculation, but I think non-disclosure agreements are the reason that there is no information. (And also the fact that it's February and the season doesn't start for another month)

Imagine it'll be announced in march and released in June again... Not a fan of Codemasters F1 games but the terrific Dirt Rally gives me hope.

The game, if it will, comes out at the end of the first quarter of the season - talking off the top of my head.
They usually launch around Singapore. Last year was different because it was their first foray into the eighth-generation consoles, so there was a lot of stuff that they needed to build from scratch.

I'd say that if they're not making noise about it by the middle of next month, then chances are that they're not going to be releasing it.
There was some talk in the Dirt Rally thread that they've been forced to downsize, but I can't really find any industry chatter to support it. As far as I know, they're usually split down the middle, with one team working on the Formula One games, and one team alternating between Dirt and Grid. They're a pretty small studio to begin with, so they don't really have the resources for widespread campaigns.

Not sure why anyone would be expecting news about F1 2016 yet. They released 2015, as planned, earlier than usual, and then updated it to change things to fit how the performance of the cars ended up (and to add Manor). Even this early release date was in July.

Before 2015, their F1 games always came out near the end of the year. F1 2010, 2011, and 2012 all came out in September, and 2013 and 2014 came out in October.

Don't expect the game 'till the second half of the year.

Crofty tweeted a picture of him reading out lines for the game. It including names like Jolyon Palmer and other new drivers so I'd say that suggests there'll be a 2016 game.

Imagine it'll be announced in march and released in June again... Not a fan of Codemasters F1 games but the terrific Dirt Rally gives me hope.

Codemasters' F1 games are the best we've seen on the console - far better than any of EA's attempts. The only game that tops it for its time would be Geoff Crammond's GP games.

Besides, there has been news about F1 2016 for months, just do a google search!

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/f1_20...es_new_and_exciting_features_for_f1_2016.html

Have CM ever said if the summer release date of F1 2015 was a one-off, or something they intend to do for each game from now on?
I'm pretty sure that it was a one-off. Development started sooner than later to work on the eighth-generation consoles.

I read that there is a closed beta (now?). I am dying to find out when the game will be released.
It has been a while since i owned an F1 game. First one was on PS3 in 2007; F1 the championship (i think it was called) and second and last one was F1 2010 (also on PS3).
To be clear, i am big F1 fan and i barley missed a practice session since 1993. But when it comes to the F1 game, i never felt it was a real sim but more of an arcade. I choose to ignore the game every year since it was released after mid season.
Anyways, F1 2015 game was free on stream on the first F1 weekend and i get to give it a go and now the F1 bug started and want to race on all F1 tracks.

So are there any rumours when F1 2016 will be released? It is codemasters last license this year; right?

I read that there is a closed beta (now?). I am dying to find out when the game will be released.
It has been a while since i owned an F1 game. First one was on PS3 in 2007; F1 the championship (i think it was called) and second and last one was F1 2010 (also on PS3).
To be clear, i am big F1 fan and i barley missed a practice session since 1993. But when it comes to the F1 game, i never felt it was a real sim but more of an arcade. I choose to ignore the game every year since it was released after mid season.
Anyways, F1 2015 game was free on stream on the first F1 weekend and i get to give it a go and now the F1 bug started and want to race on all F1 tracks.

So are there any rumours when F1 2016 will be released? It is codemasters last license this year; right?

Yes, its their last year. I'am not sure when the game is released, then again, nobody knows whats happening with quali yet. Yes, its always been arcady with codemasters, that is why i would like to see another developer pick up the license, i dont mind there being an arcade mode as long as there is a sim mode aswell. Judging by the very long codemasters questionnaire/feedback i filled in 2 weeks ago, i think and hope that they want to cater for a broader spectrum of players. I cant see the game coming out in the next 2 months.

Back