Will there be another GT on ps4

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spykker41771
  • 29 comments
  • 3,422 views

Will there be a new GT on ps4 ?

  • No, only GT Sport for ps4

    Votes: 62 57.4%
  • Yes, there will be another GT for ps4

    Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Maybe, but they will support GT Sport with new content to the end.

    Votes: 18 16.7%

  • Total voters
    108
  • Poll closed .
Messages
19
South Africa
Cape Town
Been wondering about this for awhile, all the playstations had more than one GT release, so will gt sport be the one and only GT for ps4 or will they pull something off bit later the year or next year before the release of ps5 sometime.

Just wondering i know nobody knows what will happen.
 
Well Kaz said they are working on the next GT, so I would say so, but don't actually know what will happen regarding the next console and how GT will fit in.
 
Unless GT7 is being worked on for PS4, which I doubt based on all the free cars they're handing out, I fail to see what another title would accomplish now that PD has shifted the creative direction. Evolving platform around a static concept (online multiplayer).
 
I bet we are only 2-3 years away from the PS5 so I doubt they will release another GT so late in the PS4's life cycle, it would be stupid to make that mistake again.
 
The change of name from GT(Number) to GTSport is clearly the proof that on PS4 we'll have only one GranTurismo.
GTSport's arrived on PS4 too late, they (PD) don't Want to have another GT6 .

IR
 
I do not think so. I think PD does not want to make the same mistakes of the past.

I'm guessing PS4 is already at the end of life. The PS5 should be released by Christmas 2020.

I think the intention of PD is to launch the next GT at the beginning of PS5, through the whole database created for the GTS. GTS is both a new experience and a preparation for the new GT (PS5).
 
Well maybe if they stop all free content for gt sport by March whe will have a new one by year end, but really dont hope they stop free stuff and development for sport so soon
 
May do something similar to 6, which came out on ps3 after the ps4 went on sale. I don't see why they can't do it. If it comes out at the end of ps4 cycle, that means that it would probably be a more refined game than if it came out at start of psn cycle. This may also prevent and issues games have on a new platform like drive club.

Well maybe if they stop all free content for gt sport by March whe will have a new one by year end, but really dont hope they stop free stuff and development for sport so soon

Most likely all new content would end up in next gt game. This is similar as to what turn 10 done with forza 7, adding cars from horizon 3.
 
I do not think so. I think PD does not want to make the same mistakes of the past.

I'm guessing PS4 is already at the end of life. The PS5 should be released by Christmas 2020.

I think the intention of PD is to launch the next GT at the beginning of PS5, through the whole database created for the GTS. GTS is both a new experience and a preparation for the new GT (PS5).
Agree with you.

Only thing is I don’t buy anymore the preparation story for the next console. I think it was the same for the PS4, they said they had already a good basis and 4 yours later came out with a demo.
 
This.

Games nowadays are expandable, so continue making the existing title better as opposed to creating a new one.
They should just release minor updates every year like FIFA and charge full price for each and every one. No one seems to have a problem with that :p .
 
There will be a, yes, Sport 2, for, yes, PS4. Mark my words. Every PS had two GT and Japanese have a culture of tradition.
 
Just a bump if there is one or 2 people that still want to vote or have something to ad :)
Hope the mods dont mind
 
This.

Games nowadays are expandable, so continue making the existing title better as opposed to creating a new one.
True! I just hope they don’t get aggressive and greedy with the monetization.
The DLC costs in GT5 were very fair as I remember.
 
Depends on content I think. If PDI are just going to add around 7-10 new tracks and feature 100–150 new cars then there’s no reason why GT7 shouldn’t appear on PS4. Creating the above seems like a years worth of work for the developer. Thinking back to GT6 here.

However if they’re planning on incorporating dynamic weather and time of day then we’re looking at PS5. I just can’t see the PS4 handling a full 20 player grid at 60fps with dynamic environments.
 
Seems most people believe there will only be GT Sport on ps4, never know what PD will do.
Thanks for voting everyone :)
 
Most Consoles got 2 GT's only the PSP got one, still they did not make a PS Vita Version, they could of ported GT4 with more features, we would of loved it and been very happy with that game.

GT Sport needs more car classes and a few more tracks.
 
Making new title to a new console will need a lot of money and time ( learning new api, architect, building new graphics engine etc ), so i think there will still be another GT on PS4 unless we able to wait another 5+ years
 
PS5 is, at most, 2yrs away. We’ll get a complete edition on PS4, then in all likelihood, a GT of some form early in the PS5’s lifecycle.

For context, it’s reported today 3rd party developers started receiving PS5 dev kits early this year.

Making new title to a new console will need a lot of money and time ( learning new api, architect, building new graphics engine etc ), so i think there will still be another GT on PS4 unless we able to wait another 5+ years

PS5’s architecture will be X86 like PS4. The API’s and dev environment will be similar, and assets from GT Sport will transfer directly over to the next GT on PS5.
 
As others have said I am not expecting another GT for PS4, whilst I very much like the current game bar it's known problems
I see it being that PD will simply make DLC's for the new game to hopefully expand and fix issues until they are ready to release
the next game on the next console.
 
I also hope they keep on developing GT Sport but if they dont ad new tracks soon most people are just going to right it off, i am a die hard GT fan but been playing Forza 7 for about a month non stop, there is all the tracks i need 700++ cars with more dlc's being added, and Forza got weather ..
 
Last edited:
I'd rather continue playing GTS and start paying for DLCs at some point.
Not sure if Sony would repeat the same mistake but I know I won't. Releasing another game at the end of the PS4 lifecycle won't work for me. Still - the architecture diffs from PS4 to 5 should not be as big, so developing a new title for the next console *should* not be as hard for them.
 
PS5 is, at most, 2yrs away. We’ll get a complete edition on PS4, then in all likelihood, a GT of some form early in the PS5’s lifecycle.

For context, it’s reported today 3rd party developers started receiving PS5 dev kits early this year.



PS5’s architecture will be X86 like PS4. The API’s and dev environment will be similar, and assets from GT Sport will transfer directly over to the next GT on PS5.

You sounds like some fortuneteller lolz, just jk.
Building a new engine for new console and learning new framework or engine etc will never been easy and simple as direct import. Especially now game development resource demand staff, 4K tech cost requirement etc keep increasing, not to mention new tech feature appearing everyday like 4K,HDR,VR etc. That's why now AAA games keep delaying and need long development time, it's just not simple as people think or as MGS Survive ( even mgs survive need at least few years to develop ).
 
Last edited:
Initially, I would have said no. It appears that much of their development for GTSport was on the back end of the entire game in order to make updates and changes more easier to implement from the development side. I'm presuming this as it appears evident from how they've been able to just Frankenstein a League mode onto the game in a rather brief time.

However, if they are dumping plans for paid DLC due to lower than expected sales or a diminishing player base then I can see them shelving all of that content and repackaging it as just another new release. Is your upcoming content worth more as GT7 or are you better off trickling out your content in order to keep a diminishing player base interested in your game that they already bought?

So I wish they wouldn't release another game on PS4 but something tells me they're going to support this game for a year and then take all of GTsport, 1 or 2 years of content development, engine tweaks, and then release it as GT7 with a more expansive League progression like the older games.
 
I hope not but I'll not make the same mistake I did when upgrading from PS3 to PS4. I mainly only use racing games and I made the made assumption without doing any research that there was a GT game out for the PS4. I had to wait for a year for GTS to come out, stuck with trying the other racing games which I wasn't keen on.
 
Back