Will there ever be a GT Academy winner in NASCAR Sprint Cup series?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 5 comments
United States
California
Sk8er913
Nascar is the most popular in the USA and while they do mostly ovals there are 2 road courses on the calendar. Will we ever see Nissan and a GT Academy team in Nascar? If I won GT Academy I would love to do a one off at Sonoma.

Does Nissan race in NASCAR?
No, but Toyota does and they are from Japan. Nissans racing program is based in the USA though and they seem to be expanding their motorsports divisions, so it feels like they might try it out sometime.

Update after a somewhat extensive search all I found was that a "Nissan representative" would love to join in, but doesn't know if they have the money because of LMP1. And that the CEO of Nissan was quoted saying that he doesn't like NASCAR.

Last edited:
I don't think they will do NASCAR but hey you never know. Me personally, I would rather rather see Nissan spend their time, money, & effort in LMP1 than NASCAR. Also I think the time spent developing the cars on actual road circuits in GT3, LMP2, and LMP1 would be more beneficial for research on their production cars.

I don't think they will do NASCAR but hey you never know. Me personally, I would rather rather see Nissan spend their time, money, & effort in LMP1 than NASCAR. Also I think the time spent developing the cars on actual road circuits in GT3, LMP2, and LMP1 would be more beneficial for research on their production cars.
I agree, LMP1 is much more important, but I would like to see a GT Academy livery among the group every week. :)

Back