Will This Laptop Work For iRacing?

• Thread starter Grueee
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
Hello all,

I purchased a laptop and was wondering if it could run iRacing and what settings it could run it on. It is an Acer Aspire E5 771G - 51T2 and its specs are:

• Intel Core i5-4210U 1.70 GHZ
  • NVIDIA GeForce 840M with 2 GB Dedicated Memory
  • 8 GB, DDR3L SDRAM
  • 1 TB HDD

Thanks, Grueee

Sure it will. iRacing even runs on Low to Medium settings on my 2010 MacBook Pro 13" in Bootcamp. So this will probably run medium to high settings.

Sure it will. iRacing even runs on Low to Medium settings on my 2010 MacBook Pro 13" in Bootcamp. So this will probably run medium to high settings.

How many frames per second are you getting? And also do you think the processer on mine is possibly too slow at 1.7 ghz and yours at 2.4 ghz?

Mine is a Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, but I don't think the cpu is the bottleneck here. Its the GPU for me. I'm getting a constant 55-60fps, with lots of cars in my field of view it maybe drops to ~48 or something. Still driveable, but I'm looking into building a proper pc for my rig.

Mine is a Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, but I don't think the cpu is the bottleneck here. Its the GPU for me. I'm getting a constant 55-60fps, with lots of cars in my field of view it maybe drops to ~48 or something. Still driveable, but I'm looking into building a proper pc for my rig.

Thanks, the only problem with mine was the cpu at 1.7 ghz that I thought would give me issues, my ram and gpu are pretty good for the game but do you think my cpu will slow me down?

Thanks, the only problem with mine was the cpu at 1.7 ghz that I thought would give me issues, my ram and gpu are pretty good for the game but do you think my cpu will slow me down?
Didn't see sour answer, oops. It should work though I'd say, it's probably not slower than mine by a big margin.

Back