WIll tuning work like FM6??

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 6 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
In FM6 I like to drive/race with all assists off and tune the car to grip. If I remember correctly in FH2 running with assists off and tuning didn't work out for me. My question is has anyone heard or have tried in the demo to tune there cars and does it realy make a difference in performance?? Im going to give it a shot tonight to see how well the cars handle a little tweeking

In FM6 I like to drive/race with all assists off and tune the car to grip. If I remember correctly in FH2 running with assists off and tuning didn't work out for me. My question is has anyone heard or have tried in the demo to tune there cars and does it realy make a difference in performance?? Im going to give it a shot tonight to see how well the cars handle a little tweeking
There is tuning but it was all locked, besides tire pressure, which I definitely felt a difference with. I raised the rear about 10-15 PSI to help with a drift challange, and it made it prone to throttle on oversteer and also transitioned to oversteer on turn in much easier.

It will be hard for the tuning you're used to doing, and how you'd tune depending on the track, to work on the Horizon series. There is so much differences on the road itself that you'd likely not be able to make an effective tune in terms of getting too much faster, not like you could on the race track at least. I wasn't tuning at the time of FH2 so I don't recall how it worked there, but if anything I'd just tune to make the car handle familiarly rather than for gaining track time.

Take the silvia , its the only car you can adjust some settings , the other 3 cars iirc you can only change gears and tire pressure.
Yeah, I was mistaken because of the Mustang.

@katpeeler I tuned the s15 like I would in Fm6 and it helped loads. It understeered horribly on the stock tune but I happened to get it sorted out quickly.

Yeah, I was mistaken because of the Mustang.

@katpeeler I tuned the s15 like I would in Fm6 and it helped loads. It understeered horribly on the stock tune but I happened to get it sorted out quickly.
Yeah the only car I drove was the s15 and I was going to come back and correct you on the tuning. I messed with it a little and helped it out. I only wish I could use my Forzatune App, but don't see where I can put in the info it needs (tire width, weight, etc) maybe in the full version it will be posible

Yeah the only car I drove was the s15 and I was going to come back and correct you on the tuning. I messed with it a little and helped it out. I only wish I could use my Forzatune App, but don't see where I can put in the info it needs (tire width, weight, etc) maybe in the full version it will be posible
Yeah, knowing its an FR with likely somewhere around 55% front bias I just threw something together really quick without looking into much of the information and it helped a good bunch for me. The stock tune was horrible though.

All in all, it seems to make a difference here. I'm just wondering if the rear differential bug on the decel setting is fixed or not, I haven't done any testing.

Yeah, knowing its an FR with likely somewhere around 55% front bias I just threw something together really quick without looking into much of the information and it helped a good bunch for me. The stock tune was horrible though.

All in all, it seems to make a difference here. I'm just wondering if the rear differential bug on the decel setting is fixed or not, I haven't done any testing.

Thanks for the info. I heard the "Auction House" is coming back, wondering if you will be able to get tunes also. Im on the fence about purchasing this game and this might push me to buy it..

Back